Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. I'm from the Jackson area and looking for some people to hook up and ride the Allegan area with. Get in touch with me if you might be interested.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing to specific. Just looking for someone to go with if/when they have decent conditions. It's not the most scenic area to ride. But it only takes an hour to get there and it beats the hell out of watching tv all day.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'm in bloomingdale which is about 5 miles south of allegan. I don't live too far from kalhaven trail. Should you ever want to trailer over we can take off from my place, or I could meet ya somewhere. Decent conditions are now.[:D] We have about a foot of snow and more in the next 2 days.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good rich. I'm thinking of heading in that direction on saturday. I was thinking I had to go to baldwin to get decent snow.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I want to head up to cadillac as they have about 2' of snow but my big sled isn't ready lol. I've been beating around on my 400 and the snow is great but I don't think the ground is froze yet. There have been so many sleds out that theres alot of snirt.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey gotmud. I think I may be hitting the kalhaven on saturday morning. My buddy who wanted to go to newaygo is having some difficulties with his f7. If you can, let me know what the trail is looking like as far as a base and if any grooming is being done. I would greatly appreciate it. Also do I need to buy a special permit to ride that trail? Or do I only need my trail permit?

thanks a lot,
Gary

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so..........if anyone lives near Jackson, has a truck and trailer, let me know. I would really like to head over to the allegan area today or tomorrow and go for a rip. My e-mail is [email protected]

thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Yes regular michigan trail permit for kalhaven trail, and oh yeah there's snow. Gary throw that sled in the back of your truck and come on over. As much snow as we have and it's suppose to stay below 30 today there should still be good snow tomorrow.
Here is a trail report for gobles which is where I ride mostly.
http://www.fishweb.com/recreation/snowmobile/reports/snow-gobles.html

·
Registered
284 Posts
Id be going guys but im leaving for up north tonight for the final weekend of muzzleloading! Maybe next weekend if we got snow and it stays cold enough.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I had a truck to throw my sled in the back of. I thought maybe I could find a aluminun uncovered trailer to tow with my car today but have had no luck. It looks like i'm gonna sit this weekend out unless my friends sled gets fixed.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I would go but I need new pistons for mor my sled and I dont have the spare mony rite now. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone in the jackson area with a truck and trailer that wants to go riding tomorrow? let me know.

·
Registered
850 Posts
What do you need to ride there stikers perments? I mite drive out there next weekend is there a lot of snow.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am guessing everything is toast by now. They will need more snow and cold before the trails are ridable again.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Yes trails are crap. Still snow in the back country yesterday but I'm sure today it'll be gone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm game for hooking up when the west side has snow. I have a two place trailer and I can pick up someone along the way. I live just east of Lansing but I'm not opposed to side stepping to Jackson or other areas to pick someone up. Let me know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts