Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, headed to Allegan earlier today. Lots of snow in the woods and fields. Um, trails pretty much mud and mud puddles. Sigh....

Side note, i'm from Kalamazoo, MI. Always looking for people to ride with.

Think snow! And lots of it!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture from yesterday's events west of South Bend IN. Ditch banging at its finest.

jburke said:
Picture from yesterday's events west of South Bend IN. Ditch banging at its finest.

Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Mode of transport Winter

Let's try that again attaching a picture.
Have video too...see if i can get that to attach.

View attachment 201022116120976_31314.mov

Video from the day's events. Believe that's a '93, Phazer II of the brother in law's.

Video is of the phazer. The picture above it is a 2010 switchback 600 that belongs to a friend of the brother in laws.

· Registered
450 Posts
jburke said:

jburke said:

Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Mode of transport Winter

Let's try that again attaching a picture.
Have video too...see if i can get that to attach.

View attachment 201022116120976_31314.mov

Video from the day's events. Believe that's a '93, Phazer II of the brother in law's.

Video is of the phazer. The picture above it is a 2010 switchback 600 that belongs to a friend of the brother in laws.
Yeah the trails are pretty much garbage at this point, unless they were all moved over about 5 feet. If you know someone with land, now is the time. I'm not sure if we got as much snow as they predicted from this last system snow. I'll bet they are not half bad if you head up to the sister lakes area.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
buckfever said:
That field looks like it's rite along Darden rd? If so I live just over the state line from there.
Not sure exactly where we were at that point. Rode 80 miles that day. Brother in law knows the area quite well. The video was along the trail.

· Registered
450 Posts
jburke said:
buckfever said:
That field looks like it's rite along Darden rd? If so I live just over the state line from there.
Not sure exactly where we were at that point. Rode 80 miles that day. Brother in law knows the area quite well. The video was along the trail.
That area gets good lake effect snow, but up in Niles and north where i ride, there seems to be an extra six inches on the ground. I think we are going to get some serious snow out of this next coldfront. Hopefully lots of LES = slush turning to base, and very ridable trails. If we get good snow on Wed., I will be out all weekend. 574.850.6946

· Registered
2,666 Posts
Sweet another member from Kazoo!! I'm just east of South Haven and work in Kazoo. Dirty_Harry and I ride together quite often. There is still ridable snow if you have property to ride. We've got about 14" right now but it's like mashed potatoes lol.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GotMud said:
Sweet another member from Kazoo!! I'm just east of South Haven and work in Kazoo. Dirty_Harry and I ride together quite often. There is still ridable snow if you have property to ride. We've got about 14" right now but it's like mashed potatoes lol.
I'm off work today, tomorrow, and friday. Planning on getting some riding in before the snow's gone! Have to get a little sleep first. Just came off of night shift. Thinking about riding the gobles trail if the trail report is good...and recent.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Well I am almost positive that pic and video was taken along Darden rd I did some investigating yesterday lol. You were on the Buffalo run trail rite? Also did you go by the Toll road at all? sorry I'm asking these dumb questions.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
buckfever said:
Well I am almost positive that pic and video was taken along Darden rd I did some investigating yesterday lol. You were on the Buffalo run trail rite? Also did you go by the Toll road at all? sorry I'm asking these dumb questions.

We were south of the toll road and west of hwy 31. I don't remember riding really close to the toll rd. Pretty much followed hwy 20 and then north. We ended up pretty close to galeen, mi.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
ok yup you were rite by my house then! Dang I wish I would of known that I would of met up with you guys and showed you some of my trails I ride. There not state trails but still fun. I pretty much live closer to Galien then the town Buchanan if that makes any sense? lol

· Registered
2,425 Posts
ridingthe600edge said:
you guys should be getting some LES tonite and tomorrow! we are expecting 8 -13 here
Yeah I heard we are going to get some snow. Only bad part if we do I got to plow snow. But it's a win lose situation! lol

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ridingthe600edge said:
you guys should be getting some LES tonite and tomorrow! we are expecting 8 -13 here
Forecast is for lake effect, but it's not doing a whole lot of accumulating. Here in k'zoo 2-5. It's more like 1/2 right now. The trails to the west of me are still not in very good shape. The ground thawed underneather and the 8" of heavy snow from Sunday night already has ground showing through. The ditches are still full of snow though.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Well I didn't get any new snow here out of the storm they were talking about. Looks like just to the west of me they got hit pretty good. Damn Michigan weather!

· Registered
450 Posts
buckfever said:
Well I didn't get any new snow here out of the storm they were talking about. Looks like just to the west of me they got hit pretty good. Damn Michigan weather!
Well boys, it looks like our winter is pretty much gone, we have seriously gotten hosed this year. I didn't even get a dusting on my drive way, and where I ride, most of the same. Looks like it is going to get close to 40 next week[V] One of the worst winters I can remember, especially compared to last year. I've lost hope, unless I can get up north to ride some slush.

· Registered
380 Posts
Over here, we are getting POUNDED with snow, i can barely keep my car on the road. we are heading upnorth to Atlanta tonight, hoping for good snow conditions, we might get 1 more ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.