Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Many people have been discussing a group ride this year in NY in the southwest tier. Here is the location being discussed.
2007925191742343_521.jpg

That area has alot of trails, plenty of parking, and best of all an average snowfall of 275 inches!

I am originally from that area. It's been years since I have been on the trail system but I am still friends with a few guys that ride it all the time. Maybe they could be a trail guide for us also.

The trail system goes thru the towns of Cherry Creek, Cassadaga, Stockton, Mayville, Jamestown, Sherman, Gerry, South Dayton, and so on.

It seems like this would be a great location for a NE SF ride since there are many SF riders within reasonable driving distance of this area.

I can volunteer all I know about the area and local club websites and whats in my brain about places to eat/stay/park/ride.

I figured I would make this thread just to see how many people would possibly go for this and see if its worth looking into. Last time I counted there were at least 7 people very interested.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ of course. Everyone is invited. I send you a PM with a link to this thread.. hope you got it.

Hell.. I have a heavy cat triple lol.. but my little ass on it helps. But if I don't get it done I might have to ride my damn 92 Jag

Also.. I forgot to note. Everyone riding in NY has to have a NY registration to be legal. I don't know how much they are for out of staters.

I know for us its 100 bucks. But if you join a club (25 bucks) its only 45.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm in.

The biggest thing is going to be trying to set a date and snow conditions.

Matt-
When are the avg. dates of good riding weather?

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
[^]Good job arcticcatmatt! I posted on the original thread about the motel in Mayville that has great rates and good accomodations. Maybe I could airbrush some trip t-shirts for all who attend! We would come up w/ something good..Haha

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ Snow conditions there are usually great. They usually have snow when most the rest of the state has none. I am friends with a member on HCS that is in the club in cherry creek and I think she grooms. I can email her whenever to verify conditions.

I think their peek of winter is Feb.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well I can verify now that I wont be able to go Valentine's day weekend, where ever that might fall.

That will be a hard one to convince the girlfriend of for third year in a row! :)

Might I suggest somewhere in perhaps late December? I've got the itch and don't know if I can wait until February :)

Matt-
Since you are in NY can you please find us some contact info or website on what us out of state riders need to be legal?

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just seen your post trickpaint.. haha NY SF ride t-shirts.. that would be cool! :)

Here is tricks post in the other thread.
TRICKPaint said:
[BeerPull][clap]^^^Right on!!! You know I'm in[clap][BeerPull]

Arcticcatmatt, Killerbee and I have been down this road planning a trip not far from you. FROSTBITE will also be interested in one or two trips to Chautauqua region.
It's about a 5 hr. ride for me and FROSTBITE.
Matt and Killerbee will be the Grand pubas of our tour. I hope they get us lost,hahaha.

http://www.snowridgemotel.com/

http://www.trailbreakers.com/home.asp

http://www.cherrycreeksnogoers.com/

Above are two Chautauqua area clubs and a reasonable priced place to stay at in Mayville. I think were going to have a sled party here in Mt. Vernon the weekend after the Novi show!?!
Trailbreakers is my actual old hometown club. Snowgoers it the neighboring one. I think the other trails we would be riding on would be the trails of the ellery snow cruisers. snowcruisers website

I grew up riding the trails all around that part of the state. Rode on them for 10 years

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Finally. Some good places to eat are trillium lodge in cherry creek,Mays place in cassadaga,The stockton hotel in stockton And a awsome bar is toms tavern right near the lake.A few places to park on the trail is in mayville which is the closest for the out of staters And then theres a place just out side of cassadaga on rt 60.The trails are pretty simple from mayville to stockton to cassadaga but between cassadaga and cherry creek it gets a bit confeusing.Places to gas up are in mayville,cassadage,cherry creek,gerry.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
definatly count me in.ill be checking back for updates on this one.wanted to do one last year but tried to plan it way to late.

·
Registered
776 Posts
TRICK -

Since your planning on going up more than once get a hold of me. Since your coming from that direction and all, I'd be happy to tag along if you don't mind[:)]

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
wish i could go i live over here (see pic) and i know my parents wouldent let me go [V]

2007925213937937_13662.jpg

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Mustangnut6788 said:
TRICK -

Since your planning on going up more than once get a hold of me. Since your coming from that direction and all, I'd be happy to tag along if you don't mind[:)]
[8D]No problem. We will be heading right by you.

·
Registered
945 Posts
For some reason that link isn't working.
Try this one:

http://www.chautauquasnow.com

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ripnchick wants to go!?!?!? Forget it!! I am out! [:D]

killerbee52j said:
Finally. Some good places to eat are trillium lodge in cherry creek,Mays place in cassadaga,The stockton hotel in stockton And a awsome bar is toms tavern right near the lake.A few places to park on the trail is in mayville which is the closest for the out of staters And then theres a place just out side of cassadaga on rt 60.The trails are pretty simple from mayville to stockton to cassadaga but between cassadaga and cherry creek it gets a bit confeusing.Places to gas up are in mayville,cassadage,cherry creek,gerry.
Wow.. like reading memory lane there. I know about everything you mentioned plus more of course except for the trillium lodge. Havn't been there before. I have been to everything else on your list plus at least 5 more things in each of the towns [:D]

Guess I better get my ZRT done. There are more people into this than I expected. Bulldog_shotgun hasn't posted but he told me at haydays he would be in as well.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts