Snowmobile Fanatics banner

241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
batman911 said:
^^^Yeah it was awesome i was there was that you that said that you would sell it for 80 when walking out the door.....yeah we definatley tore it up too...some of the people we were riding with werent tho...that guy with the blow up doll was with us...yeah it definatley was a really fast ride...alot of ice
Yea, that was me, it fits my son perfect he's 13 so now he wants a new sled like dads, well see, maybe I can milk it for awhile.

arcticcatmatt said:
T-12 days. Everyone still in? Havn't heard talk in awhile.

Slamdry is considering going. He is just north of albany (2.5 hrs from me). I told him if he gets his sled here he can put it on my trailer and we can split gas.. both of us save [:)]

I have both bearing hubs here for my trailer but no new rims and tires yet! they should be here tuesday I hope! Oh, and the actuator they sent me for the tounge doesn't fit.. go figure. Triton trailers is pissing me off.
I am still in, counting the days, we still have no snow so I drag my sled and trailer every where, I could use a great weekend sledding!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
I havn't had a "real" ride since I wrecked.. been recovering and building my zrt since. I need it too ultrapx!!

Where is everyone staying? With only 12 days left we better get that figured out. I seen this list on another site the other day..

"Gilbert's Cabin (716) 595-2845 (Across from Cassadaga Shur Fine)
Deer Run Cabin (716) 595-2845 (Cassadaga)
Lakeview Hotel (716) 753-2813 (Mayville)
Webb's (716) 753-2161 (Mayville)

Thistle Inn (716) 287-3223 (Cherry Creek across from Cockaigne Ski Resort) I don't know if this is rented for the winter already.

There's also the Fox Farmhouse, but I'm not sure that they are booking anymore, they are on Thorton Road in Sinclairville. Their sign is still up. I can not locate a phone number though. Maybe if you call information they can give you a number?

All of the above are on the trail system."

My sister lives in Sherman and my Mom/Dad live in Gerry. I can stay with either of them but if you guys are going to
go out and have fun or anything maybe I will join you all and stay with someone.

·
Registered
776 Posts
^I'm still in, can't let Matt be the only one with a ZERT![thumb]

Hopefully there will be some more snow dumped down upon the area. Trails were getting thin in spots.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea, if we could get togheter and share rooms, that would be a option for me, just plan on sleeping there anyways, hopefully we will have as much fun at night as when do when were sledding.

·
Registered
776 Posts
^^I'm up for sharing a room if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. It's most likely that I will be coming by myself so dividing up the cost always helps in this god awfully expensive sport!

I'll sleep on the floor if I have to, its been done before. Heck I've slept 8 to a room before in Michigan, you had to watch your step on those late night trips to the bathroom. I just need a warm place to rest for a few hours and a hot shower.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
OK lets get a list of who is going. We are going to meet in Mayville at ?? time on Feb 8th outside webbs? I don't know about that idea since its right in town.

1. Arcticcatmatt- stay with someone or family in the area
2. Ultraspx
3. 1drsdragon
4. Mustangnut6788

Please copy that list and add your name to it if your attending. Also where your going to stay.

Mustangnut6788 said:
^I'm still in, can't let Matt be the only one with a ZERT![thumb]
Thats 2 ZRTs that will be there :). We are becoming a rare sight. Don't see many on the trails anymore around here. We should switch sleds for a few miles. I want to see how yours is below 30 mph. Mine sucks... but after that, look out. I want to know if my UFO's are helping or hurting. Last ZRT 600 I rode with was a friends 2001. We dragged up to 105 mph or so and I beat him. So either mine is rockin or his isn't.

So far 3 triples have chimed in. Is this going to be a triple triple triple ride? [lol8]

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I've been trying to watch this thread as much as possible. I think myself and a friend may be coming up with my 2 sleds Friday night to whenever Sunday. Just have to look into a hotel to crash at....What's the latest on the snow up there?

I'll be on an 03 Renegade 600HO and my friend will be on my 98 XC 600 (twin pipes, no it's not loud)

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
^ So you and your buddy are 1/2 in?

My dad down there told me they lost alot of snow today.. NOT COOL.

Especially since I did this tonight for this trip
UPS guy made a delivery

My hubs were broken from rust. So new hubs installed with new bearings. Note its all grey. Note the huge bottle of antisieze under it

And finally assembled

Got the other side 1/2 done. Will finish that tommorrow night before archery league then next will be the front shock lift kit installed I ordered to replace the old broken one.

Total value when done of work done to this trailer this week - $430

Snow baby snow!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I'm 90% sure we'll be there as long as there is snow and I don't break anything too serious at Tug Hill this weekend.

I'll give the Snowridge motel a call if that's where everyone is planning on staying.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yea we lost alot of snow today due to wind, rain and above 40 degree temps. It is going to snow again tonight but high 30's this weekend again...

This warm up is starting to last a little to long and it sucks !!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
^ So you and your buddy are 1/2 in?

My dad down there told me they lost alot of snow today.. NOT COOL.

Especially since I did this tonight for this trip
UPS guy made a delivery

My hubs were broken from rust. So new hubs installed with new bearings. Note its all grey. Note the huge bottle of antisieze under it

And finally assembled

Got the other side 1/2 done. Will finish that tommorrow night before archery league then next will be the front shock lift kit installed I ordered to replace the old broken one.

Total value when done of work done to this trailer this week - $430

Snow baby snow!
How much where the rims and tires, and where did you order them from!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
^ They go on my 2000 Triton drive on drive off FYI

80 bucks each at the triton dealer.. OR.. get them where I did
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110177751665&rd=1

$46 each plus 35 total shipping.. my overall was about 130 bucks for them. The new bearing hubs are 85ish each from triton. The new actuator on the front was 83 and they sent me the wrong one.

Redoing this crap is 423 bucks if you get everything from triton. And the only things you cant' get from them is the rims/tires. Nowhere local sold them rims/tires that size besides the triton dealer and he wanted 80 bucks for each tire/rim set. I checked everywhere.

Oh I forgot to add in the new bearing caps and full lugs. Them full lugs I could only find at autozone in 1/2-20 size. 2.50 each. Triton wanted 4 bucks each.

·
Registered
86 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
This isn't looking good. Feb 1st and we have no snow and its an ice storm.
I don't know but we got the ice then 3-4 inches of snow on top, went out last night from 10pm until 2am had a blast, wasn't sure if the snow was going to stay, didn't wont to wait and see, but as of now still have 4 inches on ground.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
I just called my mom/dad (located where this ride is to take place).

She said they are down to 2 inches or so, its currently raining, and its supposed to be 50 on tuesday this coming week or something.

Looks like this ride is over.. of course.

If someone just offered me 2,500 for my ZRT and trailer.. It would be gone. Lots of NY'kers getting out of the sport. I think I am going to become one of them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I second that, I spent 18 thousand on new sled and 4 place trailer, that is the only reason I have been driving to tug hill, 3 hours one way, can't let my wife know she is winning, but the gas is strarting to add up!

·
Registered
466 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
I just called my mom/dad (located where this ride is to take place).

She said they are down to 2 inches or so, its currently raining, and its supposed to be 50 on tuesday this coming week or something.

Looks like this ride is over.. of course.

If someone just offered me 2,500 for my ZRT and trailer.. It would be gone. Lots of NY'kers getting out of the sport. I think I am going to become one of them.

You know if you sell your sled we will get the storm of the century!!! You will be more pissed when there is snow and you dont have a sled than when there is no snow and you have your sled!

Check your PM's... March 1st. We will try out that trailer you've been working on!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Doesn't look like there is much hope in sight for the weekend after either.

Matt, what happened to that 248" of annual snowfall???? Haha!

Looks like I am going to have to put wheels on my sled instead of ski's if I'm ever going to ride it again this season.[Disappointed]

241 - 260 of 292 Posts