Snowmobile Fanatics banner

261 - 280 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Mustangnut6788 said:
Doesn't look like there is much hope in sight for the weekend after either.

Matt, what happened to that 248" of annual snowfall???? Haha!

Looks like I am going to have to put wheels on my sled instead of ski's if I'm ever going to ride it again this season.[Disappointed]
They really get that. Its lake effect. I don't know what the heck is going on. Its crazy. It like mother nature has decided that winter is over, humans are being bad so she is punishing us.

Looks like the only way to ride is to load up and drive many hours. That sucks. Then you got to think, well I will probably do that once, and you look at the registration/insurance/gas fees and wonder if its really worth it.

I can't wait for summer.. that thing in my avatar is uber fun.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Don't forget to cancel any reservations you may have made for this wknd! I canceled w/ Snowridge motel last night. Joe (Owner and club member) said that was a wise choice. Conditions are very poor right now. Was looking forward to meeting everyone![:(]

Don't know if I'll ride NY. this year now. Got my permit for MI. and still have a big Canada trip the first of March.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea weather suchs hear, frozen rain and maybe a inch of ice and slush, I am headen up to tug hill, just made res. for whole weekend , they have 4 1/1 to 7 feet of snow, one hour north of Syracuse

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
ultraspx said:
Yea weather suchs hear, frozen rain and maybe a inch of ice and slush, I am headen up to tug hill, just made res. for whole weekend , they have 4 1/1 to 7 feet of snow, one hour north of Syracuse
How much farther East is that. About how many hours from Chautauqua is that. Man that sounds great. Give us a full report and photos when you get back if you can! Have fun and be safe.[thumb]

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm goin to guess Tug Hill is about 5 1/2 hours from Western NY. It is about 2 1/2 to 3 for me depending on where you go and it is a good 3 hours or more for me to Jamestown. I'm in Waverly, just off of Rt 17 in between Elmira/Corning and Binghamton. If you are going for more than 2 days then I think it would be worth the trip! Otherwise it's a long drive!!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
ultraspx said:
just so ya know tugg hill aint in thet great of shape

http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/absolutesnowmobile%20Trail%20Conditions%20tug%20hill.html

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tug hill is the greatest snow fall east of the Rockie Mountains- Fact- Went Tuesday 4 1/2 feet of snow groomed, 250,000 square acres of groomed state trails, all marked, You can go to barnes corner which is closet asses point and they have a web camera, they have 3 feet there! If you can spend one night there so you could enjoy one afternnon night and the next morning you would have the best time! Go to you tube and type tug hill, my local club has a lot of photos and videos of some of our tripes up there! But yes it would be about 5 1/2 hours from james town!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
polaris91 said:
ultraspx said:
just so ya know tugg hill aint in thet great of shape

http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/absolutesnowmobile%20Trail%20Conditions%20tug%20hill.html
I'm sorry, but I've got to bash on absolute snowmobile. Half the times he doesn't even ride any of those trails and his reports/snow totals are off most of the time. If you want real Tug Hill/Surrounding area reports, head to sledfreak.com Those are some of the best trail reports you will get, with pics and even videos on occassion.

I drive 5 hours to Tug Hill as often as possible. I've never regretted a trip to the Hill, even if there is 3' moguls on occassion.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Well its the 8th. I planned on riding this weekend I am going to. I am trailering up to some state forest I read about up there. They have snow.

I am leaving in the morning. So far, I am leaving alone. I made a post asking if anyone wanted to join me in general.

I need to test my ZRT.

Now, Jamestown is supposed to have snow next week, all week. So maybe we can do this ride next weekend or 2 weeks from now. They usually have 275 inches average snowfall in cherry creek. This year is the suck. Just like the last 2-3 years..but this one is the worst yet.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Shure im leaving to go on vacation on the 14th and its cold and snow all next week.Just my luck.I bet when i come back all the snow will melt.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
If the weather does as it says it looks like we may be able to do this ride on 22,23,24

I doubt by this weekend.

Opinions?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
One of the clubs in chautauqua is open right now i think its lake effect. and 3 in erie county,But none near me.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If there is snow and conditions are good, I'm game for whenever! I just want to ride![thumb]

·
Registered
486 Posts
if theres snow im game, i need a good ride, i gotta get away from stuff

·
Registered
442 Posts
Any plans to try and kick this thing off for next weekend ??? Looks as if we are going to get a warm up on Monday, but temps are going to drop with some more snow in the forecast Tuesday on. With the snow base we have here already, I think we could kick this off

Any takers ???

261 - 280 of 292 Posts