Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this needs to come off I understand, but w/out cutting it, whats the trick to getting it out if I want to keep it?? DO the a-arms need to come off. and I have a skid plate also. I'd ask this on DOO TALK, but I regstered,but when i log in I can't get the mountain chassis summit forum to show up, or use any of the forums.
so this is on a 05 summit 144 thanks guys mit9750

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i thought those were easiy to remove on theose tehy way they looked. tehy are just bolted tom the a arms right but to get it through teh belly pan my best guess is to start dissasemble the belly pan san see if there is a wayfor it to slide out i had this problem on my mtn max and i had two choices cut or rip teh whole entier front end apart and take out rivets. it was a lot of work. you should call your dealer

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hey what do you know another extremely intelligent post by SleD_CrEW!!!

I am not sure how they work on a Rev but for an edge Chassis there is a little triangle shaped bushing like thing int the bulkhead. 3 rivets hold that in cut the rivets with a chisel or drill them out. Then slide the piece of the end of the sway bar. I know with edge you have to take off the trailing arms but ounce both plastic pieces are removed you should be able to just slide it out.

DW

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
When I bought my sled it had the sway bar out (its a rev) and he said that they should just pull out. Let me double check for you though.

edit: All you have to do is take the mounts on the front suspension off then lift the front end in the air and twist and pull it out. Should come out no problem.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not saying anything, but most Rev riders leave them in. If you do get it out, increase the front spring rate just a bit.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by ProjectRMK
[br]Not saying anything, but most Rev riders leave them in. If you do get it out, increase the front spring rate just a bit.
I agree it gets very soggy up front but it is a huge improvement in the deep. It feels great to throw your body around on the trails and I personlly feel like I have more control and impact over the sled's movement with it out.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Cool! Some people like them out on their Rev's. Looks like you are one of them. Did you have to increase the front spring rate?

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by DAN_8485
[br]Hey what do you know another extremely intelligent post by SleD_CrEW!!!
That's no kidding

Originally posted by DAN_8485
[br]I am not sure how they work on a Rev but for an edge Chassis there is a little triangle shaped bushing like thing int the bulkhead. 3 rivets hold that in cut the rivets with a chisel or drill them out. Then slide the piece of the end of the sway bar. I know with edge you have to take off the trailing arms but ounce both plastic pieces are removed you should be able to just slide it out.

DW
Also have to remove pipes if running twins.
Or at least I had to on the Wedge chassis.

Also, you will need to tighten up your pre-load as your front end will be very much softer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]
[br] If you do get it out, increase the front spring rate just a bit.
Guess I should have read further.
Good man Chris.
Try to keep up Darin......j/k You aching to ride that Dragon yet?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Not to sure about the rev?? On my Sno pro it took about 5 minutes and it was just bolted to the a-arms. And i really like the way the sled handles without it! Each side of the suspention works independantly! If you look at most pro sno cross sleds they have them removed as well!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]You have no idea....
Come on Saturday.....
tic toc tic toc tic toc.....
Be careful out there, the rocks are just barely under the surface. I'm waiting until it snows some more to ride again.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
[br]Cool! Some people like them out on their Rev's. Looks like you are one of them. Did you have to increase the front spring rate?
Yes it was increased. I played around with it in the garage over the fall and it defintly would need a stiffer rate to handle appropriatly on the trails.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok guys thanks for input, still playin w/ it since it was 46 degrees yesterday I'm kinda gettin the blues. spent almost 6 grand on it last yr (brand new 05 carry over) got 113 miles on it. live in s.d. and no snow,,,,,,,wtf???

oh well? got to get out west after the 1 st. of the yr. would like to join you guys on the 26th, but that won't happen. so I'll just drop the a arms, and hoist her up and pull,twist,push, cuss,and drink to see if i can get her out. I need to get a pic of it on here, I painted my screens Air Tractor blue. and drilled track and shined up the tunnel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are negative effects of removing the sway bar? Lets say for trail riding. I have an '02 Polaris RMK Edge 700 sled.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts