Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So did most wedge sleds or newer sleds for that matter come with a 9/16" sway bar? Did the performance sleds come with thicker? So far i can only see touring sleds with thicker ones (5/8").

Would 5/8" be bad on a non-touring sled?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
not too sure if they came in different sizes, I would stick with the stock one. You can get adjustable ones, then you could dial it in to how you like.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by CanadianXCR
[br]not too sure if they came in different sizes, I would stick with the stock one. You can get adjustable ones, then you could dial it in to how you like.
How are they adjustable?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The exact same thing they do on a car. As one side of the suspension compresses, it helps compress the other side. That way, the sled doesn't lean as much, it just kind of 'hunkers down'.
And I believe it's truly called an anti-sway bar. But everyone always calls it a sway bar, even though that's misleading as that's what it's trying minimize.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The exact same thing they do on a car. As one side of the suspension compresses, it helps compress the other side. That way, the sled doesn't lean as much, it just kind of 'hunkers down'.
And I believe it's truly called an anti-sway bar. But everyone always calls it a sway bar, even though that's misleading as that's what it's trying minimize.

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts