Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for lack of nothing better to do, i thought i'd inquire as to what most of you tow your sleds around with. got back about 3 hours ago with my dad picking up his new 02 fx4 off-road f150 (whew!) this thing is an animal compared to the old 95 302 f150. what do you guys use?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice truck intended. i think that would pull a little better than my personal tow (and i use that term in the loosest definition) vehicle, a 94 mustang. that is after i get those snow tires and receiver hitch put on. the prices i pay to ride...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Towing with a sports car......that is just soooooo wrong!!!! Just say no to sports car mis-use!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha- it wouldn't be like that if i had a choice. i'm still in high school, so one car and a sled kinda washes a truck out of the picture. oh well

·
Registered
948 Posts
Funny this topic would just come up now. I have been waiting and waiting but finally, yesterday I purchased a 2001 Dodge Durango SLT Plus.

I pick it up on Saturday.

Between that and my brother's 2000 Ram Quad Cab, we're set!
Here's a pic of the Ram and trailer with the sleds.

Edited by - Bman on January 04 2002 2:52:01 PM

·
Registered
948 Posts
Well it's here and I'm really excited. Will be taking it into the interior this weekend for some sleddin' fun!!

Heated leather seats!! The only way to travel!

-----------------------------
[i

Edited by - Bman on January 08 2002 3:45:02 PM

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I like how the license plate hangs down crooked. j/k .........Looks like a nice vehicle, i wouldn't mind having one.

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL i never noticed that before. These pics were taken a few days before the dealership detailed it. Its a 2001 but it was used. The plate bracket doesn't hang down anymore!

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
246 Posts
I love the new Durangos. My cousin just got one. Sweet ride.

And shame on you towing your sleds without the covers on. :)

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
no intended worst is towing with a mini van. I have seen it done. Guy was spinning like mad with 2 ppl pushing the trailor and the rear end of the van was down from the load. Was surely taking power from the FWD.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sled dog, i can pretty much vouch for the worst towing vehicle being a sports car. i'd take a minivan or any other front wheel drive vehicle over my ride any day when towing needs to be done. my car just plain sucks when it comes to winter months.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
check this out! 2000 Chevy z-71 1500 with all the options and a preformance chip. I pulled out a minivan from 5-feet of snow when he had it in neutral. Didnt have any trouble. Plus when I pull four sleds or anything bigger like a boat or camper, ive got tow-haul mode which makes it even easier. The new chevys have a 2-high, 4-high, 4-low, and auto 4 wheel. This makes it drive in 2 wheel until your wheels slip and then it quick switches to 4 wheel with out letting off the gas

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that would be a pretty slick system, but i'm not into all this new electronic equipment on vehicles. the automatic hubs in our 95 f150 went out, and new ones were over 1000 bucks to replace em, so we got manual ones much cheaper. twenty years down the road, most of these vehicles will be junk cuz it'll cost way too much to replace these malfunctioning gadgets. personally, i'm not even a fan of anti lock brakes or traction control for the most part, i figure one should know how to drive a vehicle somewhat, or they shouldn't be driving at all.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My parents have what sounds like the same truck as you ZR....I love that thing....the Auto 4 hi works great, and man does that thing have power. I swear that big heavy truck could eat my eclipse in the 1/4 mile. Makes me want to trade my Less-10 in for a full size! Oh and Bman, nice ride.......hope your gas mileage is better than the 1998 dakota sport I had, which got bought back from me under the lemon law.....thing got 6 mpg on the highway!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

1 - 20 of 224 Posts