Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my bro-in-law up for in-law of the year. He drew my name in the annual "who do you buy a gift for this year" tradition. He knows nothing of motorsports and really doesn't care to (although the lucky bastard won a Ducati Monster Dark at a raffle this summer) and he does know I just purchased my first snowmobile. I thought he was giving me a gift certificate-due to the size of the package-and low and behold -- While staying under the $40.00 limit he managed to buy me two kick-ass seats at the Fargo SnoCross. Apparently they are just a few rows up dead center in the finish line jump area. This beats the heck out of the socks and boxers I got from my own wife--- So-to Karl The Bro-in-Law- Thanks for the perfect gift!

Robert J. Longthorne

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Sweet deal man! Have fun, take lots of pictures, and enjoy watching other people sled even though outside there isn't enough snow!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually- I just aquired a sweet new digital camera set up so I will hopefully have it all dialed in by then so that I can share with you all! We are seriously hurtin' for snow here in Fargo too. I may pull the sled up to Hillsboro (in-law farm) and abuse the area around the farm!!!

Robert J. Longthorne

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
What kind of Camera did you buy? I have a Nikon Coolpix 995 that I really like, although at times it can be more complicated than I want, it is still nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is an Olympus C3040Z. It was a gift form the mother-in-law due to the new grandbaby (Ezra) that we gave her. She gave us a wide angle lens and 128mb card too! I messed with a little but with xmas I was just to busy. It seems to be ultra simple.

Robert J. Longthorne

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Sweet deal man! Make sure you get some nice pics! It will be interesting to see how that camera handles the fast movement of snowcross. Mine had some trouble with that at first, until I got the settings right, but on auto it didn't work too well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've got an Olympus C 700. It has a sports mode that works pretty good for action photos, not as good as my Canon EOS 630 with 2 photos per second motor drive but much more convenient.
Damn, I wish I had a brother inlaw like that.

RtkatZL8
2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts