Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these the same hood designs? i hoping so because i want the light cover that i see for the sx for the srx and im thinking they are the same

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I believe the only major difference is one is a triple-triple and the other is a triple-single. Motor and pipes that is. Could be wrong though.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
The hoods are a little different. The SRX is a little more rounded in the front where they stuff the tripple pipes in. The head light assemblies I think are the same.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I think you should be able to run the light cover from the sx on the srx. I believe they're the same in that regards.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
If they are both a 1999 or older model than it appears the headlight is identical.

I simply looked it up here:

http://www.ronnies.com/micro.htm

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
You should have gotten here:

http://216.37.204.202/yamaha_oem/yamahasnow.asp

I simply clicked on YAMAHA SNOWMOBILE, then select a YEAR, then the SRX 700, then HEADLIGHT.

Then compare the pictures and you'll see they appear to be the same.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i got to the srx 700 and i see the picture of the headlight but wear is the pic of the sxr headlight

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Well, it depends on the model year you are looking for...

Go back and try year 2000, then SX700, then HEADLIGHT.
I don't know if V-MAX 700 is the same sled, so i just decided to go with year 2000 because i know it's in there. Also, notice the prices are exactly the same, however there is no part # to compare.

It's really easy to figure out.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
When you go to order it just look up the cover for both sleds,then cross reference the part numbers,if there the same then the headlight covers are the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts