Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know anything about SXR 700 ....what is the differece with them and the srx 700...what is the better sled and has there been any known problums with them where there a tripple ..because i am selling my xlt and i want a newer sled for this year and it seems to me that yamaha have got there shit togeher

everone should come to newfoundland and ride your great province

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'll let the yamaha guys answer this, they know more.

All i really know is that the SX-R is more of a big-bump sled, and has a single pipe, and SRX is faster, great lake racer, lower to the ground, and has tripple pipes. I think so anyway...

·
Registered
21 Posts
the sxr is a bump sled with more suspension travel in the front and the back and it has a single pipe. The srx is a speed machine with not much supsension travel front and back. triple pipes on it and im pretty sure the bottom end is different then the 700 triple which is in the sxr

Jason Everill

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
There are a lot of differences. Way past a different bottom end. The SXRs are non-PowerValve engines and the SRXs have Power Valves. That of course makes a power difference. SXRs are nice sleds but if you do a lot of trail cruising the suspension is a little lacking. For average speed trail running they are pretty good. Umm known issues with both is Hyfax wear. All Yamahas have a problem with the Hyfax wearing up at the front of the rails. Addition of a wheel kit is an easy fix to this one. Other then that I can't think of anything. The SRX is a pretty nice sled but personally I would take a Viper or a SXR over it. I prefer the lightweight triples. The SXR would prolly be a good choice for someone coming off a XLT looking for something similar. I personally LOVE lightweight Triples and think Yamaha is godly for continuing production of them. Thats my opinion though take it or leave it. Can't think of any other things to tell you at the moment...

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
All I knew was what Megaman said and that they look a little different. Don't really know much about Yamaha's

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I know a tiny bit myself :), though I should mention dependent upon the year the things can be different so that plays a factor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I HAVE A 98 SRX THAT MY WIFE USES, THE MACHINE IS FAST, RELIABLE, AND HANDLES GREAT, I FIND THAT IT IS A GREAT TRAIL SLED, NOT UNCOMFORTABLE AT ALL. I THINK IT HANDLES BETTER THAT MY 2001 ZRT-800. MY SON DRIVES A 99 SRX WITH SAME REVIEWS COMING FROM HIM. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THESE YAMAHA'S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts