Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
well the sxr 700 has a "red head motor" triple and single exhaust, srx "blue head motor" triple, triple pipes and power valves. the sxr doesn't have power valves. the sxr will do about 105-108 mph on a good setup and they have 118 hp. and the srx will do 120-125 on a good setup. mine has done 121 mph on radar on the lake. thats the differnece.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
yuppers jay said it all the srx is a quick sled. fastest 1/4 record. no chance but if we get to ride my dad will race you, lol. or i will i am lighter (not by much but i am , lol) maybe close to you then my dad.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
The SRX also sits lower and has shorter lugs on the track, so its much better for high-speed lake riding than the SXR.
Basically, the SRX is for the lakes and the SXr is for the trails.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
srx is one of the fastest out of the box lake sleds there is. sxr is more of a v-max with a better suspension and more muscle

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Actually the SXR doesnt have any more muscle than a Vmax (engines are identical), it just has more of a "racer" look to it with the Team Yamaha Blue paintscheme.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ya when i raced our srx against the 900 and 800s they all left me behind behind but once i got going the sled would just zip right past and go like a bat out of hell

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Originally posted by daman
unless he's talking the twin VM's [;)]
Yamaha never made an SXr with a twin. That was an SX. [;)] In that era (I think it was '01 or newer) they were all triples and the difference from the SXr to the Vmax was that the SXr was the ditchbanger and the Vmax was the luxury trail cruiser.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by 750vmax4
[br]but what about a viper my dad has one.
what about it? what do u want to know? ur dads viper has 120hp and i know that a viper will take an srx off the line

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Originally posted by roughrider99
[br]
Originally posted by 750vmax4
[br]but what about a viper my dad has one.
what about it? what do u want to know? ur dads viper has 120hp and i know that a viper will take an srx off the line
That's because the Viper doesn't have a POS 0.92" Yoko track. Put a real track on the SRX and wave bye bye to that Viper, no matter the distance. Stock Viper won't touch a SRX.

BTW, 118 HP is a stretch for the SXR 700 motor, more like 110-115HP. Heck, even the Viper wasn't a TRUE 120HP sled.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ya true there but the viper has a bit more aggressive porting so it will take an srx off the line even if both were set up the same and had same tracks. we had a bender weight transfer kit and if we combine that with 1 or 1.25 track that sled would have been deadly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts