Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
what kind of sled are u talking? i built a carb sync, works well. i will try to find the instructions

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
sorry i havent gotten back on this, i am still trying to find the place where i got my sync instrucions, its simple to build, and works great. basically, you get a piece of clear hose, approx 1/8 inch i.d and roughly 3 foot long. cut a piece of plywood, 4 inches by 12 inches. approx, every 1/2 inch up from the bottom, place lines across the plywood, this will come in handy later .center the lid from a baby food jar, or a pickle jar, and screw it to the plywood. then you find center of your hose, loop it around the jar lid, keeping all centers matched up. then run your hose up the plywood. i forgot to mention you should draw some reference lines to keep your hoses running true. you can either glue the lines down, or use twist ties to keep the hoses in place. now, dup some anti-freeze into the lins, only about 8 ounces, maybe less.
on your carbs you should have some clear lins on the sides, that basically go nowhere. this is where you hook you synch lines to. hook up the synch, keeping i level, then start your sled. the coolant will show you whether or not your carbs are matched up. you will need to adjust your carbs, until the coolant on both sides is registering on those marks you made at every 1/2 inch. i can post a pic of the one i made if it will better serve you, send me a pm, if you need this, or have trouble following my long winded post. good luck,.,, i hope this helps

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
not sure if this is the one that you were refering or not but a cheap homemade on none the less
http://www.powerchutes.com/manometer.asp

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just did my brothers jag 440 with like a .098 drill.Just set them both with slight drag on drill.once the same ajust both(or 3 in your case) the same amount to get proper Idle.Ive heard this is the best way to do two strokes.Sled ran great after that.It is diffently the easyest way.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ive done the drill bit trick as well. i think i got my instructions off of offroad .com, and had free time to try it. it certainly diagnosed my blown crank seal behind the recoil side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts