Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 Yamaha SRX 440 which requires premix at 15:1 according to the tank and label on the fuel tank. It makes everyone else miserable behind it. My question is: Can I use a high quality synthetic like Amsoil and mix it at 50:1 like the Amsoil bottle says? Thanks, J

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
HOLY SMOKES...15:1!! Ouch..and you're totally certain that this is right? IF it is right I probably would just stick to it. I do know that with a full synthetic it still needs to be mixed around the same ratio. Maybe a bit less oil as long as your not gonna be at WOT. But I'm wondering if the label you mentioned has deteriorated and it's not actually 15:1. If it smokes like mad chances are it's not 15:1. I ran 40:1 in my 1981 Blizzard 9500+ w/ a 454.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I run the Amsoil series 2000 racing 2 stroke in my motox bike @ 32:1. But that is with doing WFO ice drag racing friends for miles on end. Don't mix anything @ 15:1, thats way too rich. If you put your motor under high load run 32 but if you are a putt-putt or moderate trail rider go to 50:1 with Amsoil

·
Registered
56 Posts
I run Amsoil in my sno-x sled, MXZX 440 and run it 20:1 on the track. I find as long as you keep the revs up, and not idling for to long I never have any problem. I would not go much highr than 32:1 for yours though.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
A follow-up...I contacted ye ol' father (Yami freak) and he said 32:1 for hard runnin' and 40:1 for cruising. Let us know what you decide...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts