Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D&D pipes are $230 less but make 7 less HP would you spend the extra 230 for the 7HP gain? Also the speedwerx operate at about 200 rpm less so they would probably be easier on the motor.

I know the D&D pipes are a good dependable product anyone have any experience with Speedwerx?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I bought a Speedwerx can last year but they recalled it. It took them awhile to address the problem, so I got my money back and moved on to another manufacturer. On the other hand, I've heard their pipes are good, and yes I'd spend $230 to bolt on 7HP...in a heart beat!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I can afford it I think that I will go with Speedwerx. Pipes should put me in the low 190's add the Torqueline head and I should have a nice reliable 200HP sled.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
A good friend of mine has the HPC pipes on his T-cat. They are rated at 19hp. Right now he is using the stock silencer amd they are not loud at all. Have a real nice sound to them. He paid $650 for them.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I am sorry I told you the wrong brand on those T-Cat pipes. The brand is CPR. He's made pipes for Black Magic for years and just started selling them himself. His name is Jeff Simon.Here is his website.

http://www.simonscpr.com/

These pipes have been extensively tested on the T-Cat and he can tell you the exact setup you'll need for max performance.also these pipes perform the best with the stock silencer.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up a set of D&D pipes from my local dealer for $550 + shipping. No one could touch the price. They don't make the biggest HP gains but they will add 10-12HP and I dropped some weight off the front end. Once I get it dialed in with the Heavy hitters it should be making good use of the 185 or so HP it makes. I know that if I was trying to make some big HP gains I should have gone with different pipes, but I haven't ever really been unhappy with the amount of power the sled had stock. Main reason for the swap was weight. Between the pipes and can I dropped 20lbs off the front end.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Cool!! Just wanted to correct myself so you didn't end up with a dead end search for the other ones.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks,
I actually talked with Jeff before I bought my pipes. He would have been my next choice. It was obvious talking to him that he knew what he was talking about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts