Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my 98 sx 700. after riding the sled for an hour or two the engine makes a poping noise and bogs to the point that it wont build rpm. fearing the worst i checked compression in all three cylinders. that was very good. could this be the throtel over ride switch?

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes it prolly is unplug the two wires and plug them into each other, incase you didnt already know that. See if that works

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
it is free to check that, if it still does it with it bypassed, then you could rule that out at least.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also check the valves. I had a horrible time with power valves on my SRX 700, that is why I no longer own it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
im pretty sure teh sx 700's don't have powervalves only the srx's did they were the racing sled with teh powervalves and triple pipes while the sx were the trail sled with single pipe and no power valves i believe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it had eletronic power valves. but dont quote me. can any of you guys explain in laymans terms how power valves work? and what the difference is between them and reeds?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a '99 SX 500 and I had that problem so I jsut plugged the two wires into each other and I have put on 500 miles since then....I hope it doesn't hurt anything! But it runs great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts