Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought a 2004 T660 touring for a second sled so his wife and kids could do some comfortable ridding. He was told the sled would do between 55 and 65 mph, but he cannot get more then 45 mph out of it. Soon as it hits 45 mph it feels like a governor kicks in and just cuts the power right off. Is there something wrong with this sled? It actually has some decent pull up to 45 then it just falls flat. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
That sled should do well over 55-65....

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arcticcatinc said:
That sled should do well over 55-65....
This one is not a Turbo, on Arctic Cats web site guys are claiming 65mph. What could be wrong? It hauls to 45 then nothing. The Turbos will do 95 - 105mph.

Cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
that is messed up. my 440 fan will do 80 easy. has a block been put on it from the original owner?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
That 660 should do at LEAST 65MPH whether it's a turbo or not. I remember riding my aunts Yamaha Venture 500 when I was younger...I got over 90MPH out of it. hahaha! Not bad for a young kid on a touring sled. Somethings wrong with your friends 660.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
A friend of mine has two of the exact same sleds. Possibly no the same year, but same model. He does 70mph on his lake every weekend he is at his cabin. Something must be wrong.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My grandpa has the exact same sled and i have got it to 96mph. there is something wrong with the sled for sure. what it is... i dont know.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
XCR HYPER TRIPLE said:
My brother just bought a 2004 T660 touring for a second sled so his wife and kids could do some comfortable ridding. He was told the sled would do between 55 and 65 mph, but he cannot get more then 45 mph out of it. Soon as it hits 45 mph it feels like a governor kicks in and just cuts the power right off. Is there something wrong with this sled? It actually has some decent pull up to 45 then it just falls flat. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Normally I would assume you'd have already checked this stuff, but just in case.

Clutches aligned?
Have you taken the clutches apart and/or verified they go through their whole range of motion?
Checked gearing?
Compare max attainable RPM to Max RPM?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
powersledder said:
XCR HYPER TRIPLE said:

Cheers
Normally I would assume you'd have already checked this stuff, but just in case.

Clutches aligned?
Have you taken the clutches apart and/or verified they go through their whole range of motion?
Checked gearing?
Compare max attainable RPM to Max RPM?
Thanks Powersledder we are going to go through it on Sunday. First ride out with it was 2 nights ago and with work we just have not had a chance to look over it yet.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts