Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Polaris have a sled that can do it? Are they really that much faster?

Just tired of listening to the kitty cat guys going on and on and on and on and on..

They never seem to mention Polaris in the races, mainly Doos..

Anyone set up to give them a run?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'm pretty confident I'll fair well this year with the mighty F7s.[:D] They aren't untouchable but it takes a meaty sled to put them in their place.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but won't the new Dragon 700 CFI put a F7 in it's place (second)?

LOOKS LIKE THE DRAGON IS THE ONE!! SNOW GOER SAYS :"THE BEST PERFORMING, STOCK TRAIL MACHINE EVER DRIVEN","IT WILL RUN WITH THE 800'S","BEST-SUSPENDED PEFORMANCE SLED IN THE BUSINESS.", AND "PUT SIMPLY, THE DRAGON IS THE HOTTEST PERFORMANCE SLED FOR 2007".

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd like the chance to take on an F7 with my Ultra!!!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by XCSPectinSnow
[br]Does Polaris have a sled that can do it? Are they really that much faster?

Just tired of listening to the kitty cat guys going on and on and on and on and on..

They never seem to mention Polaris in the races, mainly Doos..

Anyone set up to give them a run?
A simple answer to your question is this, not many sleds are gonna put an F7 in its place on a 660 foot track, nor are you gonna put an F7 in its place in the "real" world right off the line, however as Bulldog mentioned an Ultra that is set up "right" will do the trick on the top end!! If ya wanna go for "over kill" you could always use an 800 XCR!! [:D]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't do alot of racing, mostly enjoying myself in the twisties and trying to hold off my buddies on the occasional lake drag. Should have a lot better shot at 'em this year than I did last with my '92 SP EFI I sold to krappana!

Just gets so damn annoying to read thread after thread of how the F7s take down this and take down that.. What's the downside to 'em? They must be giving up something to get that speed.. In the end, as long as I'm enjoying myself, I guess it doesn't matter.. I'll leave knocking them off to you boys with your Ultras!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
They can be beat, heres my proof, and that is me on the XC,
you have to take into consideration though that the F 7's are wicked fast sleds, and when they are setup right they are very hard to beat, I have beat a few of them and I have also had my A$$ handed to me by more than a few also, so take it for what its worth they have been a measuring stick for all the other brands over the past 4 years, there is a very good reason why you see F7's running in drag classes above thier CC's, with a few mods on them your gonna be seeing taillight everytime.
[attachment=5044]

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice!! Was the Edge X stock or had that one been tinkered with? How big of a difference do the V-Force reeds make? Might look at doing a couple things with mine. Don't want to get nuts, but if I can try a couple things I might give it a whirl. Pretty entry-level on the mechanic front..

We have Polaris', Yammis, Cats and Doos in the group.. Should be an interesting winter!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Don't know what the other sleds had for mods on them, that picture is from a day of lake racing on Anchor Bay in Michigan, just to note also, the XC I am riding in the pic had the stock pipe on it, it did have the HS head and reeds with a SLP can, 220 cylinders, that sled ROCKED, may it rest in peace......or pieces I should say.....lol....

·
Registered
414 Posts
from my own personal experience i have beat an f7 with no problem as well as my cousins zr 800. See sig for mods. My sled comes out of the hole like a twin and pulls like a triple. I had the owner of DT dyno set up my clutching and he did a wonderful job. They are not unbeatable but yes for a stock sled they are fast.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
My ProX will take my buddies F7 till around 40-50mph then I get passed and end of story. They are quick.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I think the Dragon and the F7 would be a good showdown, both with 140hp stock. Speed isn't everything here guys, doesn't anyone care about quality and reliability??? 2 things the F7 sustaintially lacks, proven by its dreadful ability to spend more time at the dealer getting update after update and recalls out to ying yang. I think its a great looking, handling, powerful sled, but I want something with decent resale value and will have good odds of lasting more than 8000 miles without grenading.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
If you can beat a well setup F7 then you have a fast sled. The 13.5" track really makes them fly. I can take them sometimes in 660ft but anything longer and im toast. The F7 had the second quickest 1/4 mile time and top speed at the Amsnow shootout and little while back.

The early F7s had problems but the Suzuki laydown engines are generally pretty reliable. A lot of people burn them down because they run them to their limits.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Our moded 2003.5 blair morgen doo could take a 03 that was just clutched, there fast sled gotta watch them!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]

The early F7s had problems but the Suzuki laydown engines are generally pretty reliable. A lot of people burn them down because they run them to their limits.
Run them to their limits? They come like that from the factory! 140 hp stock, lol...We'll have to see how the 700 CFI with the same hp holds up in the long run..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I've raced them and more then one and more then one time too. If you watch the vid in my gallery titled XCR traction problem you can watch a race of me against one in 660', I caught her but did not pass her in time for the win. I lost traction and that lost me the race. Keep in mind that I can ride my sled anywhere and race all day and ride home on it too and the F7 I race in the vid is a race sled and only a race sled. A good running and properly clutched Ultra will do the trick as well as an SRX but you better be on your toes cause if you blink you will be playing a very hard game of catch up. Fast they are, unbeatable... NO, does Polaris have a sled that can do it? Yes. In stock form my 800 does it and does it good, traction is key.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Originally posted by CanadianXCR
[br]
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]

Run them to their limits? They come like that from the factory! 140 hp stock, lol...We'll have to see how the 700 CFI with the same hp holds up in the long run..
Remember that the Cat engine is 4 yrs old already. The 700's by other companies didnt even come close til now. But any sled if well tuned and setup, making over 135hp should be able to give a f7 a run.

What i mean by F7s pushed to the limits is i mean a lot of people put cheap mods on them and dont keep a good eye on things.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Agreed, alot of guys don't realize how high strung the sled is right from factory, putting cheap mods on just shaves the life right off them.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts