Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this trade setup for this weekend. The guy is all for it, and he is an extremely cool guy. I think i am going for it, i dont see a problem, but id love to hear some feedback.

Trade my: 97 xcf 440, 00 XCSP 600 and 02 Z 370

For: 2002 EDGE X 600 and 2001 SXR 500

This is my 2002 Polaris X Edge 600 that is in great shape! Sled starts 2nd pull every time. I am only selling or trading this sled because I want something bigger and a longer track as well... OK so this sled seriously rips butt... Has V-Force III reeds, SLP boost bottle, Carb has been jetted, Top end has about 300 miles on it still making about 150psi each cylinder. Have a 1 1/4 Rip Saw track that has about 1000 miles of use on it still in GREAT shape. Ski-Doo Pilot Pro skis with new double runner woody's. Sled has a brand spanking new Stator, wire harness and fuel pump that were just installed by HK power Sports. Stator blew last year because of bad wire harness, and fuel pump was on its way out, those parts have about 30 minutes of use on them. Also have a nice Cobra windshield that has the racing number that is part of the windshield and not a sticker. Also converted head lamps to Xeon 100 watt high beam and 55 watt low beam yellow bulbs. Color goes great with the red and yellow plus you can see threw the snow when its falling. Comes with a good belt and a brand new Kevlar belt just purchased last year. New yellow Polaris skid plate just installed last year. Track has not been picked. Also comes with Polaris saddle bags that are almost like brand new.

Ok I am looking to trade my sled for something bigger, I really would like something 700cc's or bigger and prefer a 136 track length or bigger. I LOVE Polaris and Arctic Cat.... I will consider some Ski-Doo's and really not interested in Yamaha's... I would not prefer cash... LOL... BUT if you want to make an offer go ahead but I know sled season is still a few months away and sled prices are just starting to climb so thus why I am looking to trade and not sell.. Please make fair trade offers. I have a tons of nice hi rez pics just ask...

Looking to sell my 2001 Yamaha SXR 500. The Sled has been totally gone threw from top to bottom. Has brand spanking new rip saw 1 1/4 Ice Grabber track has 111 miles on it, Complete Power Madd 6 inch bar risers, bar mount and new brake and throttle cables. Power Madd hand guards. Has brand new belt on and comes with another brand new belt. Clutches were all serviced. There are NO cracks or scratches on this sled. The seat is tore a little on each side from Boots rubbing. Motor was just rebuild 111 miles ago, CARBS were all done, Boysen Reeds, Motor is TITE sled is FAST!!! will tear up allot of 600cc and 700cc sleds. Has brand new woodys carbides. Low cut Cobra race windshield. All the work on this sled was done my HK Powersports ........this sled is ready for snow!

Will trade for Scooter Really looking for scooter but of course CASH is KING and will also consider other trades....>>> Quads, Sleds, Dirt Bikes,Guns What do you have to offer..? I will take cash/ trade deals or??
My sled is sweet and I know its not sled season yet but PLEASE no low ballers or cheesy offers :)

PS.... I have lots more detailed HIGH RES pics just ask.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I would go for it, the Z370 is the most gut-less production sled ever (-120's) the wedge is outdated compared to the ones you could get and the edge is a nice sled all around.

Craigslist said:
OK so this sled seriously rips butt...
Should we be worried about this guy for that spelling? [Flame1]

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have almost no money into most of my sleds, these being about 100 bucks each, less for the XCF

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
That Edge is a 2001, not a 2002. 2001 had the smaller exhaust valves. But I see the sled has Skidoo Precision skis. My dad ran them dual carbide precisions on his 2001 XC6 and loved them (Polaris uses wider spindles, so the washer collar had to be ground down a little. Easy modification). Whats the steel plate riveted to the belly pan next to the skid plate on the Edge?

one sled ad he says No cash, but then in the Yammy ad he says cash is king. Does this guy have some nuts loose?
Is the seller a middle schooler? What's with the LOLs, I never found anything funny enough to laugh out loud at

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
That Edge is a 2001, not a 2002. 2001 had the smaller exhaust valves. But I see the sled has Skidoo Precision skis. My dad ran them dual carbide precisions on his 2001 XC6 and loved them (Polaris uses wider spindles, so the washer collar had to be ground down a little. Easy modification). Whats the steel plate riveted to the belly pan next to the skid plate on the Edge?

one sled ad he says No cash, but then in the Yammy ad he says cash is king. Does this guy have some nuts loose?
Is the seller a middle schooler? What's with the LOLs, I never found anything funny enough to laugh out loud at
The plates on each side of the skidplate is type of brace for cracks in the bellypan.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Oh ok now I see the zip tie stitching coming from the clutch bolt hole. Yikes, that's a might big crack.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things that are really working in my favor is that the 370 has a bent a-arm and steering post, and a destroyed windshield. The XCSP needs a gasket to stop antifreeze leaking. And the fanner is just that- an outdated fanner. These sleds need nothing, damn near mint shape.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would do it if I were you. If I were him, no way in hell. Go for it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well first off, the xc does not have a ripsaw like he states, thats more like a camoplast predator, and the sxr does not have an ice grabber, its more like a ripsaw. Also, there is no way that 500 yamaha will beat 6 or 700's. Ive rode one and they dont have that much power. Are you trading your three sleds for two of his? Or one?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
rnt the yamaha 500's legendary for how long they last?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am trading my three sleds for his two.

nhrider said:
I would do it if I were you. If I were him, no way in hell. Go for it.
Do you ever ride in VT? It would be fun to ride with someone from SF, there is only one or two others that i know off that are nearby.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I'd keep the '00 600xcsp, better fuel economy compared to the Edge chassis 600xcsp, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Do it.

PolarisIndySKS said:
Well first off, the xc does not have a ripsaw like he states, thats more like a camoplast predator, and the sxr does not have an ice grabber, its more like a ripsaw. Also, there is no way that 500 yamaha will beat 6 or 700's. Ive rode one and they dont have that much power. Are you trading your three sleds for two of his? Or one?
There you are wrong. The sxr 500 top end flat out hauls. I raced my friend till he was topped out and stayed next to him with my digital speedo at 104. Same kid also had an indy 500 gen 2 that only saw 92 or so in the same place. Although my speedo is slightly off, 100mph is fast for any 500.

·
Registered
480 Posts
TDG, I've never ridden in VT. I don't even think I've been to VT lol. It would be cool to hook up and go for a ride with so other SF'ers for sure.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
the 500 SXR is slower than Polaris's 500v.e.s.... So it will spank any other brands 500? maybe old 5's, 6's, and 7's....

This guy is wrong about alot of stuff!

still go for it though!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
do it, my sister has the same yamaha and has had it since new. aint a bad sled but not as fast as he says my step fathers 550 cougar would walk all over it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Seems like a decent deal. I'd do it.
sledcrusher said:
Do it.

PolarisIndySKS said:
There you are wrong. The sxr 500 top end flat out hauls. I raced my friend till he was topped out and stayed next to him with my digital speedo at 104. Same kid also had an indy 500 gen 2 that only saw 92 or so in the same place. Although my speedo is slightly off, 100mph is fast for any 500.
It has a Yamaha speedo so of course it says it's going 100[thumb]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts