Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Heres my story, you go where ya want, 1.25 ripsaw on 95 xcr, had to rip out tunnel protectors, very little room left near front heat exchanger. 1995 XLT xtra 12, 1 inch hacksaw, had to rip out tunnel protectors. I could have notched both tracks, but no way was I cutting up a 400.00 track.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I put a 1.25 predator on my xlt and its great,...but it sure looks like a 1.5 would fit too. If someone has done that , I would think about the 1.5 instead of the 1.25.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
you should be able to fit a 1.25" lug track on the 96 Indy 500 without issue.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If you are running 1.5 on your xlt, then you must be running under drive sprockets. 1.25 just fits on the wedge. Still going to either notch track, or remove tunnel protectors. Or get a track for polaris. Mine are camoplasts, and I wasnt hacking the tracks.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I had a 1995 XCR 600 with a 1.5" lug track and stock drivers. I moved the suspension to the lowest holes and it would just barely rub on the exchangers so I didn't bother to do anything about it. You should be able to get a 1.5" under there, but personally I would not put on anything over a 1.25" unless you gear down or put in a clutch kit. But again thats just me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts