Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the team roller clutch advertised in the dennis kirk catalog. are they any good thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Generally, with a clutch of that type, you get lower engagement speeds and generally faster acceleration, however, you get much, much shorter belt life, but in my opinion, some kick ass 800 miles vs. normal 1500 mi. is an easy determination, and whats $45 for a new DYNO-MAX 2?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i just got my slp catalog today and in here it says the rapid reaction clutch is suppose to improve belt life,paul is saying it decreases the life of the belt..which one is it?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Roller clutches are great. I have one on my sled. Smooth power delivery, fast acceleration. I love it! I know, belt life is shorter, I have blown one already, but I was kinda hard on it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
how many miles did you get on the belt?i got 14 or 15 hundred miles with the stock set up on my 03 sks..is the clutch worth $245?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is paying $4 more for good beer worth the better experience? Of course!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the shorten the life if they do anything, becuse they run so much spring rate. I will tell you what, you send me the 250 bucks for the clutch the 80 bucks for the helix, and 100 bucks for there kit to fit your sled, I will send you a kit that will be just as nice on the trail and pull better top end, or mid range or low range, where ever you want it, and send you a check back for 230 bucks you can use for gas. they are a gimmick. yes they work for ditch riding and sno-cross, but to spend that kind of money for a trail sled, I used the same studs they do on the race track and my sled didnt get any faster, why not, racers use them, well ya i had to pay more than a regular stud but they are supposed to be better. if you are using a dennis kirk book get the epi kit and you will be that much richer and just as happy. or call epi and choose one of the three levels of kit that they make.

·
Registered
328 Posts
you guys are really really lucky to get that long of a belt life. I get around 300-500KM out of a belt. Although i normally end up towing guys out that blew their engines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts