Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im looking to replace my secondary clutch, the one on the sled is a Team Rapid Reaction Roller Clutch, i do not think it is the orriginal one for the sled but i am not 100%, the only numbers i could find that were simelar were , mine 58-42-36-er, the one im looking into 58-40-46-ER and 58-38-46-ER. so they do not match. the add for the clutch is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270659211469&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123 so i any info if it could work or not would be appreciated.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just need to know, if it would do the trick , or will i loose power, top end or anything?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Keep the Team secondary clutch you have. As It is setup for PERC, and those clutches work well. Save yourself the $100 and put it towards a new helix and spring for the one you have.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where would i be able to purchase the spring and helix to rebuild my clutch?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Team...and get a few delrin washers to put in under the spring. They help it to move free-er...no binding. SLP sells their stuff as well. Call them and they will set you up with what you need. Good luck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, well i went on slp, and i found spring an helix and the washer u spoke off, but what else could i need for a clutch rebuild?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
polaris_world said:
ok, well i went on slp, and i found spring an helix and the washer u spoke off, but what else could i need for a clutch rebuild?
Give SLP a call, tell them your setup, and they'll let you know what would be best and what you should get. They're great to do business with and usually have a decent price.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
MAKE SURE you get a xx-xx-xx-ER helix. The ER is electric reverse, it is notched back.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
THere is a spring compressor made for these clutches but I think SLP sells a couple differant ones. It helps to get it done but you could make something to compress the spring and get it back together. I think I paid 60 for the tool...used it once but now I have it. Maybe I will take it apart again just to use it!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Guys on HCS in the XC/XCR section will be able to give you a better setup than SLP. SLP doesn't do much flatland, short track testing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts