Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEST THING TO DO ON A SLED DURING THE SUMMER IS TO TEAR UP THE YARD, SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA PULL THE CORD AND LET THE GRASS FLY, NOT AS FUN AS SNOW, BUT IT WILL GET YA BY WHEN YOUR ITCHIN TO RIDE YOUR SLED

(this topic needed a new post)

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I have done that a few time. After a whole summer of driving low powered atv's, hoping on a snowmobile and taking off it is just like, whooa! POWER!

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL! Too funny. Just got back from my cabin. No snow yet, but WTF!! Fired them up anyway. We have 7 sleds total 2 94 XLTs, 1 A/C EXT and they are parked at home in Vancouver but the 3 at the cabin were hilarious!! 80 Motoski 500, 76 SD olympique 340 and a 81 SD citation 3500. Told the g/f we were just going to warm them up, my brother and I, but we rode them up and down the gravel driveway anyway!

I know, I know, not good for them but c'mon. They are just the reserves for guests anyway!
ROFL

-------------------------------------------

Lest we forget...... 09/11/01

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey guys! that sounds like something I need to do!!!I have the "Fatal Itch" an' my sled is LC so i can take it for a spin!!I forgot. this is gonna be fun!! good thing you reminded me...

I went out into the shop today and fired it up, and man, did sound good-still gotta fix the muffler though, will do it soon. Im kinda tardy on these things;its gotta be done before the snow flies!!

Hey, mister weather man...dump about 3.5 feet of snow over here!

Edited by - Yammer Hammer on 13 Oct 2001 17:52:46

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd ride on the grass if I had a field out back to tear up instead of woods. Actually I have a nicely landscaped yard and I'm proud of it so I'll stick to riding the sled back and forth in the trailer. I can do about 10 feet in 15 minutes on a good day. Also the cover on the trailer holds the 2 stroke smoke in so I can get my fix. LOL!!

SKI-DOO ROCKS!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning!

Lest we forget...... 09/11/01

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like to just start the sled in the trailer the noise is great to anoy the nieghbor, and the smoke billows out the door adding a little side show. Gotta love it.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just had to try that grass thing last Saturday. I also have a nicely landscaped 2 plus acres.
My lawn needed to be aerated and de-thached so after rejetting and installing a power breather I figured I accomplish this the high speed way with the 800.
Now I don't have to waste 3 hours sitting on my tractor.

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nothin like a dirt rooster tail huh?
How do you keep the track sliders lubed when you're out on grass anyway?

Shhhhhhh...... Someone's coming
-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dish soap should keep the slides nicly lubed, i know they do that on the grass drags

·
Registered
586 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xltman:

dish soap should keep the slides nicly lubed, i know they do that on the grass drags

[/quote]
It would be cool to clamp a little bottle with a hose and nozzle in there somewhere and make a slow drip system.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Tore up enough grass, I'm tired of cleaning it off the sled, need to tear up some snow.
I'm going crazy typing on the PC about sledding, It's time for snowwwwww

RtkatZL8

1 - 12 of 12 Posts