I have no idea how tethers work, but I'm assuming it's just a regular switch that you hook into your ignition wire to the key. And that wouldn't be hard to hook up at all, probably just split one wire and connect the teather wire to each end.
I replaced my key on my indy with one of these.
its wicked easy on all the newer polaris sleds. they plug in to the plug that is factory insalled inline with the ignition switch. hardes part is deciding were your going to drill the hole in the sled to install it..
Teather install instructions:
1. Open your hood.
2. Look under the cowl at the back side of ignition switch.
3. Trace back the wires coming out of the back of your ignition switch until you come to a black and brown wire with female end.(approximately two inches form the back of the ignition switch)
4. Decide where you want your teather to be in the cowl.
5. Drill hole.
6. Move plug and wire so they will be long enough to reach the hole and back of your teather switch. (there should be enough wire in the harness, you will just have to open it up and remove enough to reach).
7. Plug teather into wires.
8. Put teather into the cowl and put the nut on the outside tight enough to the teather doesn't move.
9. Close up stock wiring harness.
10.Test to see if it works.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, racing, troubleshooting, trails, maintenance, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, gear, and more!