Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone of you wear the TekVest? I know a lot of the freestyle riders and snowcross, hillcross wear them because of the impact they take...but was just kinda wondering if any of you wear them when riding? Also, does anyone know exactly how it works or anything? thanks

'99 Arctic Cat Powder Special 600

Edited by - Venom on 10 Mar 2002 14:06:30

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it just for people that do big jumps and such? rather than just a normal saftey device?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
if you aren't doing big jumps you shouldn't need it. It is just a chest and rib protector like MotorCross riders where on the outside of their shirts. Like if you come down and hit your chest on the bars or fall off and hit something it will protect you to an extent.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i'm thinking about looking into getting one for next year. hopefully wouldn't ever need it, but it would be nice to have in such an event. i do like to jump and may get carried away once in a while, so any added insurance is beneficial :)

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here xc racer, I can get carried away sometimes, :) My jumps keep getting bigger and bigger (even though they aren't "Big"....yet, hehe) I was just kinda thinkin about the Vests. Anyone know the price on one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought a Tek Vest Super Sport a few weeks ago. I do not race, I don't do trick jumping, etc, but I do have a family!!!! I intend to be there for them. I have come to the conclusion that a Tek Vest should be like a helmet, don't ride without one.

I have only worn it for 2 rides and completely love it. It is comfortable and warm, it took no time to get used to riding with it.

What sold me was the Tek Vest motto which is "If you have to be somewhere Monday morning". You just don't know, maybe you don't think you need one, but why take the chance????

I highly recommend one for anyone who rides.

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2001 ZR 600 EFI w/heelclickers
2003 F7 EFI on order

·
Registered
322 Posts
My dad has one and I have worn it once just to see what it was like. Actually it is a cheaper version and by a different company called SafJac or something. He needs it sometimes when he goes out with his buddies. They get really crazy sometimes and he has fell off his sled at 70+ more than once.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that they are a great idea to wear. It is just a little insurance "just in case." After racing this year and wearing a Tek vest, knee braces, and racing boots, I feel "unprotected" when I go trail riding and not wearing one. Once you get used to one, I think you will not even second guess your choice. You may never need one, but just in case I feel it is worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tekvest are a great safety product even for the regular trail rider. The vests worn by the racers are the competition models and they have regular sport vests for trail riders. They have become lighter and more comfortable over the years to suit the rider. Like most things, you don't think you need one until it's too late.

Sled-Parts.com

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Just a question to those that have tek vests.....do you wear yours under or over your jacket? I would think that if it had to go under my jacket I would die from being too hot!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would recommend wearing it under the jacket. It actually acts like a layer of clothing and does keep you warm. If you put it over your coat, it would be to big and get in the way.

Sled-Parts.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an Arctic Cat Gore Tex 3/4 race jacket and I wear it underneath. What I did was wear a sweatshirt, then the tek-vest and then the jacket shell only, I took the liner out and left it at home. I was plenty warm and could unzip to cool off if necessary. I guess I could throw the liner in the sled to zip in if it got that cold.

2000 ZR 500 EFI
2001 ZR 600 EFI w/heelclickers
2003 F7 EFI on order

1 - 13 of 13 Posts