Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Holtzman Tempaflo on my sled and followed all instructions. On my '03 Indy 500 I set the base jetting to 370 mains and the clip in the 3rd position (-30 to -10 setting) according to my manual. Right now the temp is hanging around 25F.

The problem I'm having is that it runs okay on take-off, I've slowly given gas to accelerate, but then after getting to around 15-20 mph it doesn't go any faster, but bogs out. It's not shutting down, just can't go over like 20 mph, even pinning the throttle. I'm wondering if the vents I've hooked the compensator to are incorrect. Would the lines going from the carbs to the airbox are the correct vent lines I'm supposed to use??

Anyone have this problem before when installing the Tempaflo???

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Did you drill and tap the port into the bowl as required?

·
Registered
700 Posts
T he lines going from the carb to the airbox are your carb vents i beleive. Not a vacume source

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, just found out tonite that my problem was not due to the Tempaflo. I found out I wasn't getting any spark and traced the problem to my new plug caps which I didn't fully screw into the wires. Tightened them up and now she's running great. I'm glad it was something that simple, and I feel kinda foolish I didn't get the caps tightened up the first time.[B)][:(!]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Got the Teeshirt on doing that myself. The tempaflow is an awsome device. If you haven't had one before, you will really appreciate it in the spring when things warm up.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, thats the main reason for getting it, chaning temps = changing jets. About a week ago the temps were hitting -30F, now it's getting up to 25. I think that's the main reason I damaged my piston last month, was using too lean a jet for below zero temps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts