Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have never actually tested mine, but there should be a red output light coming on when you pull the sled over. It is on the right side of the module when looking at it from behind the handlebars. That is all I know.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by white
[br]The LED light will flash out different codes. You may have to get a book to tell you what the codes are.
I am guessing it flashes the code multiple times after a failure? Just wondering in case I run into problems.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is it Polaris EFI, or Cat EFI? If it is Polaris, the light will flash you codes. The code are in your owners manual. If you haven't got manual Email me and I will give you list(too long for forum)

·
Registered
246 Posts
If it is an Artic Cat than open the hood and look for a little window on the efi box. Watch the window and turn on the key if it flashs once then everything is ok, if not let me know what code it does flash and I can tell you what it means. The other thing does your efi use a battery? If it does then when you turn on your machine you should hear the fuel pump prime the system, if you don't then you may just need a new battery.

·
Registered
608 Posts
(In Alaska) I worked on a 97 ZR580 it doesn't have a battery. When it's running it flashes two short flashes repeatedly. What does this mean?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't have a book on the efi without a battery and its too early to call the shop. You could try calling your local shop and asking them. I'll see what the one here says.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts