Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have always said make the aftermarket stand behind what they sell, and that all of the hp claims are bogus from psi and crank shop, and so on, now the amsnow shoot out shows how much hype there really is..

there were some companys that for 2-3 grand you could actually go slower than stock. what a good deal. than there where some companies that actually did a good job, I think I liked one, they did a viper, but instead of just hp they also changed some suspension stuff making the sled more trailable.

now the funny stuff. for only 7200+ bucks from the crank shop you could take you stock mach z and add there 1100 lake race motor in it, and it turned a whopping 115 mph and 9.+ seconds for the 1000' ok thats all good and dandy but my stock 800 xcr turned 112+ and did it in the 9 second range for the same distance. and for 7200 less dollars, for 8000+ dollars you could get your rev to get close to 110 mph. Its also kinda funny that the dealer prepped 800 prox only did the 96 mph, our 440 trail stock did 93.5, in about the same quickness also. that was a bone stock 98 440 xcr with 320 mains, plenty safe for trail riding, a different primary spring, helix, and a TALLER LUG, HEAVIER TRACK, than the stock one, lol, with a speed track or some time working with clutching we could beat that 800. lol..

there isnt one company that I would give a nickel to that was in that shoot out, all of them wasted 300 bucks on v force reeds, there so called clutch kits and engine mods, and most of them only gained 1-5%, but at a price of almost 20-100+% thats not good bang for the buck.

I may sound like a crazy person but now the mags put it right in words for all to see.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i think that the aftermarket companies are doing posatives and negatives. Everyone else knows that the polaris xcr is the best 800 triple the sport has ever seen. I have watched a 800 xcr beat a thundercat. I also beleive that the hp numbers are bogus. I find it hard to beleive that a rx-1 will put out 300hp. Any mods i will ever do is just simple piping, porting and clutching. I think a 110 miles an hour is pretty good for a 600 in 1000 feet.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My opinion is that there is bad, cheap, wannabe performence companies.then there are the trusted compaines,the one that have repeated customers!

·
Registered
227 Posts
The HP gains that they say are true[:0]. LOL
Now with that said, they are in controlled conditions that the real world will never see. The engine is on the edge of meltdown, prime atmospheric conditions and temperatures.[:D] hooked up to sensors recording its every heartbeat. Nothing my engine will ever see.
PSI, SLP, C-TECH, I WANT MY EXTRA HP NOW![:(!]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when they can give the dynos false info like air pressure to change the outcome, thats makes it look good. all I know is the power out of rileys ultra with custom pipes vs the claimed hp of the trail pipes from slp or psi. I wont say his numbers but his are real and that proves that them trail pipes are bogus.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey madcow how much % were they low, real curious.
claim 43hp actual 12hp?

·
Registered
749 Posts
i know that there never as high in hp as people and dynos claim. our dealer tested a demo zr 900 and it was 9 horsepower sy of arctic cats claimed 1500 hp. it had 141 horsepower. i do however think tat they are better than wat comes on most machines though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i think that any company that does not use standard model test conditions for bhp tests would not to be trusted anyway....these conditions contain controled variables such as ambient air temp(wich should be 65f) air press(near sea level) which makes manufacturer specs comparable to one another....real world results will vary w/conditions 2%+- would be acceptable.....butt dont tell me bull [email protected]# falls from a cow!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
You can add as much "power" to an engine as you want and if you don't clutch for it so that it can get to the ground BIG DEAL but if you actual have a set up that works together you can increase performance. But if you change the reeds add pipes and a can but don't clutch for it you will over rev and never see the gains you paid for.

·
Registered
57 Posts
About the rx-1 turbo pulling 220 hp isn't completly true but it does pull about 200 hp with the turbo . One of my uncles put a turbo on his rx-1 and it really moves. The crank shop will go to any amount of money nessecary to make themselves look good and those machines are nowhere near trailable. But I geuss they're thinking of the motto - what wins on sunday , sells on monday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts