Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i let my cousin use my car for prom.. and unfortunately a head gasket blew! lol that sucks so bad, makes it even worse becuase he had to cut prom nite short.. i felt so bad for him.. if it woulda happened a day later or somethn he coulda had a better night.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o yeah, i might need to sell my sled to fix the car, depending on how serious it is.. so if anyone is in need of a nice sled leme know : )

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
You know he probably ran the hell out of the car :) Make him at least buy the head gasket :) Call it a rental fee.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha no he babied it, it was just bad timing. thats why i feel sorry for him.. but if you look posotive, now i might make it a 347 stroker[:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
What kind of car is it?? It should cost very much just to replace a headgasket..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shiz.. ill do it myself im not worried about that.. i wouldnt really care if the motor was done for id just sell my sled and put a 347 in it. a headgasket kit is like 150 i think out my magazine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
head gasket on a 5.0 is pretty straight forward. I did one on one of mine a few years ago.

Rich

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Here's how my prom nite went back in 1987.

I had a fake id at the time so it was my job to get the liqour for everybody. Spent over $100 on booze and stashed it in our secert spot.

After prom a bunch of us were going to my parents cabin to party. The plan was, I would pick up the booze and we'd all meet halfway to the cabin. I went to get the booze and it was gone[:0]. I just figured someone else picked it up already. After meeting, it was soon realized someone stole all our liquor[:(!] So we are out $100 and no booze.

So they say, you are going to have to go back into town get more, and hurry it's getting late. Then someone adds, if you get a speeding ticket of course we'll pay for it.

On the way back into town I get stoped for doing 59mph in a 55mph zone. Bamm, speeding ticket. No offense any women out there, but it was some b!tch cop trying to bring a young man down on prom nite. Well Mr. Herstad, the speed limit in Rice Lake is 55mph[V] Well that was like my 5th offense in under a year (I once got two tickets in one day). Yea, I was a bit reckless in my youth. Because of that ticket, I lost my licesne for six months. On a better note, I haven't had a speeding ticket since, learned my leason I guess.

Lost my liscense, got the booze, made it back to the cabin, nobody paid for my ticket, and my girlfriend couldn't stay overnite so I had to take her back home a few hours later.

That's how my prom nite went.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts