Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the season is over for Lake Koshkonong/Rock River area riding. My buddy fell thru the other night and next day the whole river looked bad, as did shoreline of the lake. And it will be 40's this whole week so I think this is it for us. I had his sled out in about 3 hours...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh man, that sucks! A lotta people don't realize how much flow Koshkonong has. Damn lake is only 5' deep most of the way across, it's just a widening of the river they call a lake. I remember ice fishing there years ago, and watching your line through the hole drift with the current.

Our trails we open until yesterday in Sheboygan but are done today. Was thinking about heading to the Marsh for one last ride with my son but after seeing that, I'm not sure!

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO that 25,000 acres of "river widening" is an awesome playground! Bunch of trails around as well as bars all around the lake.
But yeah, river will be open shortly and although lake has good 20" of ice, the edges with many natural springs and well overflows will open too.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
anchor said:
Looks like the season is over for Lake Koshkonong/Rock River area riding. My buddy fell thru the other night and next day the whole river looked bad, as did shoreline of the lake. And it will be 40's this whole week so I think this is it for us. I had his sled out in about 3 hours...

where was this at??

No shore line from the mouth going west of the river to norms looks like that??

north of the lake hwy 26?? The river has been getting bad for the last 3 weeks. The lake is still rock solid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last picture is the boat landing on Rock River under Hwy 26 bridge. Houses across the river are those on Blackhawk Island Rd.
I think lake is solid, but in Heights Bay, all along the shore ice was mush due to springs and well discharge water entering the lake.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Those springs in haight don't help either. I know a truck or 2 went in about a month or so back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts