Snowmobile Fanatics banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i had this great idea to have a "election" for the 4 best sleds. To make it fair there would be 1 Arctic Cat, 1 Ski Doo, 1 Polaris and 1 Yamaha. I only want to use those because those are the 4 major brands.

So here's whats up:

1. All nominations should be entered here.

2. Top 2 sleds will be picked from each brand.

3. Please post pics of the sleds you want to nominate.

4. The sleds with the most "nominations" will be put in the top 2 spots.

5. I will count the entries in about 1 week and make 4 new polls for those specific brands.

6. You can nominate 1, thats ONE, 2007 sled for each brand to be in the nominations. So the first one posted will only be counted. Then only comments saying that sled can be added. The only reason for this is we really don't know much about them, we've ridden em a little but not much.

7. all nominations will be welcome, even if its from the 70's i don't care, if it gets votes it gets votes.

8. if its in a general style of the era that should be the one listed, please don't say a 05 firecat and a 06 firecat, those didn't have any MAJOR changes.

I thought this would be a cool thing to start because it is starting to snow.

I forgot to add, please post a reason for why you picked that sled. It has to have a reason, dont just say because i like it. That wont be counted, it has to almost have had a impact on snowmobiling.

·
Registered
231 Posts
polaris mid 90's indy 500 the most dependable sled out there, never and engine problems or other breakdowns in my experience.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my nomination for Arctic Cat:

A (in general) thunder cat.

[attachment=48991][attachment=49006]

I picked this sled because it really started the Big Bore Era. It has made all of the Hyper Sleds today what they really are!

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont just want people saying this sled because i like it.

And how is it complicated, everthing has to have rules, this really isnt that many.

·
Registered
358 Posts
this sled makes me cream my shorts...sorry..but it does....The XCR 800 in general...i voted it cause it is one of the fastest sleds ever produced and a great edition into the hyper triple family...this particular sled has got the works...Hot seat, triple pipes, nos, reeds, studs, and some other stuff...its a Rocketto put it simply

[attachment=49004][attachment=49005]

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Originally posted by Vmax540
[br]Best Bang Ever for the Money..... Yamaha Phazer? #1 selling single chassis model/engine of all time ![attachment=48697]
i always tought that was owned by the indy 500...

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yah im going to have to agree with indykid77 i had a 95 indy 500 and it was buulet proof,reliable and quick.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a great start. We just need some more "contestants" for EVERY brand. Well. we need A LOT more for ski doo.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i choose the 2003 MXZ REV because it started the rider forward ERA

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
[br]Best Bang Ever for the Money..... Yamaha Phazer? #1 selling single chassis model/engine of all time ![attachment=48697]
Where'd you get that stat from?

[red]Why go and attempt to ruin a perfectly legitment topic that could turn into something pretty cool. Don't litter it up with spam that isn't relevent.[/red]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You may not agree with me but here are my choices for top new sleds from each brand...

Arctic-Cat crossfire 800 SP
Polaris Switchback 600 CFI
Yamaha attak GT
Ski-doo Renegade 600 SDI

Yes the are all crossover sleds and I did that for a reason . Each of these sled can perform in various condition , on/off trail , lake runs , ditchbanging , etc . They are the best of the best in my opinion .

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
[attachment=12841]
2004 Pro X2 - Awsome sled for any agressive ditchbanger. Bottom line. Real high performance, beat the crap out of sled anybody can purchase. Ride it hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the AC crossfire is good enough, i dont know about the switchback though, but thats what u think.

I totally disagree with the yami attck, i really havent heard anything good about those sleds that have changed snowmobiling. Although the ski doo isnt far off.

So my vote is the crossfire on that one.

I also agree with doog on the mxz thing. That sled did start the whole rider forward era.

Note: Please put pics whith your sled so we know what you are talking about. It only takes a sec to google it, save it and upload it. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by Triple650Indy
[br]

[red]Why go and attempt to ruin a perfectly legitment topic that could turn into something pretty cool. Don't litter it up with spam that isn't relevent.[/red]
It's not ruining a topic it's asking for sources to confirm the credibility. If he can come up with the sources, his choice looks even better, do you not agree ACG! Besides it's a perfectly legitimate question, I've yet to give the nod to anything yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
[br]
[br]

im with him ^^^ i find it hard to believe IMO

It's not ruining a topic it's asking for sources to confirm the credibility. If he can come up with the sources, his choice looks even better, do you not agree ACG! Besides it's a perfectly legitimate question, I've yet to give the nod to anything yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Introduced in 1984 and produced for 14 years up to 1998. Yamaha had a brochure/flier/add (?) when they came out with the 1990 Phazer II's in the fall of 89 that stated it was the biggest selling model of all time and they continuded selling them for 8 more years. Can I come up with a certified document stating this..... well maybe not but, I'll look for the add. Yes, Polaris sold a pile of 500's but, for a little extra cash you could buy a Indy 600, 650 and later they 650 RXL all triples (favored) for not alot more $ and that took away from the number of 500 twins sold. Add that to the fact Polaris had basicially one chassis (Indy) with slow upgrades from 1980 until the early/mid 90's and simply had many different engine choices 340,400,500,600,650 ect.. which spread the sales # out even more. Go to E-Bay and search for Yamaha Phazer and Polaris 500 and over the next year while you're out on the trail count them both or search any snowmobile classified. I've been riding since 1967 (in the front of my dad) and I've seen my share of sleds. B.t.w. the 500 was a very good sled !

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.