Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have been doing more and more exploring with my sleds and I have deemed it necessary to get some two way radios. My buddies and I take different routes all the time so we loose eye sight contact all the time. I had a pair of Motorola radios but they SUCK. What do you all think are the best 2 way radios? Note: These radios must be able to carry valleys and hills. We could be 5 miles apart in 2 different mountain valleys at the same time. It MUST work in that scenario.

·
Registered
324 Posts
you should look at the garmin rhino gps system
it has radio built in and can be programed to track another garmin rhino but there expensive

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Goater
[br]you should look at the garmin rhino gps system
it has radio built in and can be programed to track another garmin rhino but there expensive
Goater - Those look great. I would be a little worried about distance with the cheaper ones, but I guess you could always use the FCC channels in cases of emergencies. (Even if you haven't registered your equipment?)

Does anyone have experience with these radios? I know all of you out there should know about these systems because they can be very important to us all when we are out in the field.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I just acquired a Rhino. Haven't used it yet but I heard they have a range of a about 3 miles or so. I don't know if you are going to find any radio that is going to work for 5 miles when you are in different valleys. Cool thing about the RHino is that you can program all your friends in there and see where they are at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts