Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what year would you say Polaris put out the best sled that blew the rest out of the snow..that one that everyone had to get or try to beat

my vote.. would be 97 rmk 700.. very strong

·
Registered
128 Posts
97 for sure!

·
Registered
577 Posts
pretty much anything Polaris made between 1990 and 1996 was the benchmark the other manufacturers were trying to match....

·
Registered
539 Posts
the best seller ever for Polaris has been the 500 Indy, early 90's.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
xcr 800. plain and simple. just as good on gas as any other sled. pretty decent ride. and it flat out makes every other sled have to catch up. lol

the xlt must be about the most common sled sold. and still very good trail sled

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Well if your talking about blowing other sleds off the snow the 800 XCR is king!!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The 98 XC 600 and 700's were rockets in their time and very popular. You can get into the market of sledding with one of those for about 1300 bucks. I also have to mention the good old red rocket of 98.[:D]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by jack-frost
[br]what year would you say Polaris put out the best sled that blew the rest out of the snow..that one that everyone had to get or try to beat

my vote.. would be 97 rmk 700.. very strong
I would have to say the 2001 Edge[8D]

·
Registered
66 Posts
indy 500's...their reliable and look awsome!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Let not forget the original 1980 TXL 340 . The Polaris snow flap was a common sight to the other manufactuers. Was the start of the " legend "

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Its a close one. The 98 xcr 440 is my favorate but really like the power of the 700's. I never understood why Polaris didnt put the 700 220 mill into the exact chassis set-up the 98 440 came in. It wouldnt have took much. Better shocks and the racer seat and clear tank without the graphics on the tunnel would have been the ultimate ride out of the box. The black 99 700xcsp came close but they put the wrong hood on it but is still a sweet looking thing. Lately tho the 99-03 xcr 800's are rapidly becoming a hot commodity. The wise ones are snatching them up. To me, anything else is a dime a dozen.

[attachment=54563]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
when you get a 700 twin let me know I can price out some twins for ya. we can do a little port clean up as well!!!!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That's why this topic is like asking someone what the best kind of cereal is...

People always have their opinions.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts