Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the Good.

Went riding last weekend, probably for the last time. Rode the Cloquet River just North of Duluth, MN for about 20 miles and then hoped on some lightly used forest roads.

Things were looking good...

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/carol trails.jpg

Even a little freshie pow pow in the fields. Excuse the size, I'm doing this from work and don't have the originals to work with...

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/carol trail.jpg

Getting a few jumps in...

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/carol trl.jpg

Now to the bad. My friend got stuck/hung up in some slush. The picture doesn't make it look to bad. But after giving her some gas she sunk right up to the running boards. We were about three heaves from someone
(not me[8D]) having to jump in. Fortunally, we were able to muscle it out.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/carol trls.jpg

and the ugly. There's a nice little park a few blocks from my house. 60 degrees on Sunday and any remaining snow disappeared, the creek was flowing pretty good.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/lincoln park.jpg /snofan/../images/users/pigboy/lincoln park2.jpg

·
Registered
749 Posts
This time of year always sucks. Guess all you can do is look forward to next year. It's only 8 months away. We usually have snow in november where i live.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by confusedguy
[br]least you got to ride again
[:D]
Confused guy,

189 miles for the year[:(!][V][:(!]

We didn't have ridable snow around here till late February, even then, the local trails never opened. 189 miles on lakes, rivers, and forest roads.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by indyman423
[br]This time of year always sucks. Guess all you can do is look forward to next year. It's only 8 months away. We usually have snow in november where i live.
Yea, at least I've got a street bike and a dirt bike to get my 'need for speed' fix until snowmachining starts again.

At one point in my life I would of agreed that we generally get snow by November in Northern MN too. Spirit Mt. in Duluth hosts the opening snowcross event on Thanksgiving weekend every year. Prior to 1997 we rode our sleds to the track every year from the races' inception. Not once since 1996. This year they were able to at least make snow. Last year they had to truck it in. Kinda depressing really.

Oh well, ready for summer I guess [V]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts