Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
learned the hard way you dont let your sled idle in perc reverse...damn thing overheated,hope I didnt screw anything up!!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
What did you do hold the button in the whole time....

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]What did you do hold the button in the whole time....
hit the button once and it stays in reverse till you push it again...forgot it was in reverse... over shot the trailer a little and put it in reverse and walked away for 10 minutes or so came back and it was pouring coolant out the bottom and the temp light was on.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Hmmmm....I did not know that. I thought it was push in and you had reverse, let off and you had foward....
Does it run the water pump backwards or not at all????

·
Registered
477 Posts
it should over heat in forward if you let it idle that long, there is no snow or air hitting the exchangers

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I don't think it should overheat after 10 mins of run time. I just did a heat exchanger swap on my brother's 01 xc 600 and had to get the air out of the system and it did not over heat this saturday, i know it ran for at least 15 mins.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are correct..the water pump is running backwards.I think thats why it overheated.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Originally posted by pooxcsp500
[br]learned the hard way you dont let your sled idle in perc reverse...damn thing overheated,hope I didnt screw anything up!!
How much coolant did it push out? If it wasn't all that much, and you let it cool down for a while before starting it again, I'm sure it'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
yep just let er cool off completely before trying it again

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Indy400_88
[br]
Originally posted by pooxcsp500
[br]learned the hard way you dont let your sled idle in perc reverse...damn thing overheated,hope I didnt screw anything up!!
How much coolant did it push out? If it wasn't all that much, and you let it cool down for a while before starting it again, I'm sure it'll be fine.
after it cooled off I added about a pint of 50/50 and burped the system....seems to be ok,did not overheat when running forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts