Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the club meeting last night one of our members told me that he was at a honda dealer who also sells snowmobiles. He jokingly asked when the Honda sleds were coming. The guy told him he would definately have them in the showroom next year and that he knew someone that had actually ridden one. Apparently a 1500cc turbo! Sounds like a little much, but if your making a rumor why not make it a good one! Sounds like this is for real though! Can't wait to see what they come up with. Does Honda ever come out with crap? (NO!)

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Now THERE is something to get excited about. If this is true you will see a green sled up for sale quickly.

Hi, my name is Ryan and I'm a stressaholic!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Me too, BYE BYE CAT.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
1500cc turbo now that sounds outrageous. I mean fun and like not gonna happen. Suzuki has the biggest bore on a performance machine and thats the 1300 Hayabusa. Turbo that sucker and you are asking for trouble is all I can say.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Hondas new PWC has a 1500cc turbo in it...It is 150HP 4cyl...It would be interesting to see what they can come up with...

95 xcr 600
99 RMK 700
If you have control your not going fast enough!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rumor is that the PWC engine was created to test for the snowmobile. Dunno, but it's there.

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow, that bike probly does about 215 then w/ turbo...but I could be off. W/ out turbo it did 199 or somethin (In Guiness).

Oh yea, and I thought the Honda PWC was only a 1200? Am I wrong or no?

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Suzuki's site says nothing of a supercharger. Do yuo mean that an aftermarket company finally has a supercharger for it? That makes much more sense.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i was looking in a cycle news or some other magazine a while back and they did a test and they said the 02 (this was a awhilke ago not thie 03 models) had a supercharger. So I dunno. I may have read it wrong or something.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Suzuki has a concept bike called the Bus-king. It is a naked bike that has the supercharged Hayabusa engine. Whether the bike will ever be released is uncertain. Laws require bikes to be limited to 186 MPH as of 2001. This can be easily bi-passed. :)

1987 Yamaha Exciter L/C

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Hondas....snowmobiles??? I'll have to see what the boss and salesmen say at work (a Honda dealership
) tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The guy told him he would definately have them in the showroom next year and that he knew someone that had actually ridden one[/quote]

seems like theres some BS floating around...A sled would be a HUGE deal for Honda. If the cat is just getting out of the bag that one is in the works it will be a few years before prototypes appear, take the 2004 CR250F for example. Honda snowmobiles would be a completely new division of the company, it's not something that could be kept secret too long. I'm not saying that they aren't messing around with a concept...but next year?? that seems far fetched. If they build one, I'd buy it

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Ok here is what the salesmen at work say:

Yes Honda has been messing around with 4 stroke sleds for 20 years and they are seriously looking to put one into production. For all you guys who are thinking of a sled slimilar to Yamaha's RX-1, sorry...it's a utility based sled. At least that is what's floating around right now.

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts