Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got home today and got some work done on the sled. I picked up a used Black Magic Monoblock cylinder head. Retails for $359 + shipping...I picked it up for less than $100, not too shabby.

I figure even if it's not the fastest ZR 600 out there, the BM on the head, and D&D Racing on the pipe should make it a bit more indtimidating...lol. [:D][8D][}:)]

[attachment=47763]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
looks nice but what does it do?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do you have to run higher octane with that?

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is shaved slightly more than the factory head. It will in turn create more compression, and more power. It will also keep the temperature down as well.

Yes, I will have to run higher octane. I am already running 91 for the D&D EFI Chip, which I believe is what the minimum for this head is as well. I'll probably be dumping in a bottle of octane boost every tank just to be safe (even if the effects are miniscule).

So my performance mods at this point in time include the BM Head, D&D pipe, D&D can (questionable power), D&D EFI chip, and D&D Clutch kit. Wouldn't mind picking up a set of reeds in the near future as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.