Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out what the last sled(s) we're that came with factory twin pipes. Not sure why, just been thinking about this randomly. I'm sure I'm missing some from the mid 90s - early 2000s. Were there any other "special" sleds like the Mach 1 x, etc. But other than the X, Wildcat, Yamaha...I know the VMax 540 had twins, possibly one of the Exciter models? Polaris was pretty much locked on triples. I don't think the liberty was ever meant for twins.

I'm specifically thinking sleds the average person could buy. Triple triples were everywhere. How many twin twins were out there?

·
Super Moderator
11,384 Posts
97 Vmax4 was probably the last production sled with twin pipes, even though its not a twin. I can't think of any twin/twins past 96 with the exception of the 2001 scorpion tkx 890 but they were not in production very long before going bankrupt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot about the VMax 4. I think the early 90s ZR700 had factory twins, til maybe 93. I think the last Ski Doo would be one of the 670 HO Mach1x or MXZX? Wildcat 700 was maybe the only efi twin pipe factory sled.

·
Super Moderator
11,854 Posts
Mid-90's seemed to be the death of the factory twins, for sure.

1996 was probably the last year for Cat (Wildcat). The ZR 700 was axed after '95.

I think '96 was probably the end for Ski-Doo as well (Mach 1).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts