Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals,

If you have an engine that you want to get more spunk out of, I strongly suggest contacting forumite MadCow for his upper case and cylinder massage; he has the technique.

Took my sled home from the stealership and the difference is truly before...and after. And the after is simply amazing. The throttle is super-crisp, this could be the reeds, but the effortless power is clean, smooth and strong. The sled just seems more alive.

Tomorrow I do jet testing. I wish I had a helmet cam for that first full throttle run.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'll vouch for Madcow too. never had anything built by him but he gave me awesome info that woke my lil ol 500 right up. Bought a skid from him too.

On second thought....maybe thats why my sled keeps breaking parts. (j/k jon)

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
wow thanks. there are a coule xcr 800's with the touch to them now and growing slowly. the way them case reed triples wake up with a little work is unreal. glad to hear you are happy with it.

yah. the 500 is now to strong for the rest of the machine!!!

now if I could just get mine to run as good as everyone elses I would be happy.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Isn't that how it always goes? The electrician's house is wired wrong, the mechanic's car is always broken... Ha.

Madcow's a good guy, helped me a bit on the confusion on my sled. Willing to help me out in a month when I get some cash.

Bryan

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Madcow is THE MAN!! You just don't want to hang around with him AND Riley or you'll wake up in the morning and all you'll be able to say is "High HP Triple"!! LMAO [:D]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
come on guys you are making me blush.

I think I got mine figured out? change jetting only once. do about 200 clutching combos, also reshim spider on primary. remove pipes and adjust timing 3 times, run it and then adjust tps, run it adjust tps,run it adjust tps,run it adjust tps,.......... now I am blue in the face and on the stand it shifts out in a matter of seconds and the response is silly. now take it to the field next week to see what it can do.

aspin can be my first test rider if he can come up.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
oh there is a couple hp to be had in that little motor.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
madcow is a true HP whore LOL if theres HP to be found he'll find it!! [:D]

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
^^^^^^^ [LOL] [PointLaugh] [LOL] ^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
hey madcow ever do anything with yami's?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
ouch ripperd burnnnn.

the little 440 will be the biggest gain with a clutch kit until you go to an aftermarket pipe.

depends on the yami. I got to play with a 1000 srx for an afternoon. let me tell you that thing hauled the mail. 115 in 1000' from a sled sooo not setup for speed.

the thing with motor work is its all in the setup of the motor. if you have pipes on it then the little work in the motor really comes to life. but with stock pipes some sleds really wake up and others just gain a little hp but good throttle response. I dont see any motor not gaining close to 5 hp and very crisp throttle response. with stock setup and some clean up work.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well cleaning up the casting flash will help. Smoothing the sharp edges from the factory casting cannot hurt. I am not trying to make MaCow rich, but I am trumpeting a service that works.

If you have an opportunity if your motor is going to be down for a repair or for some reason you will have the jugs off, have them cleaned up. The operating principle here is they aren't being ported, you won't have to worry about your power band moving around, your tuning becoming a nightmare. You can see what was done on my motor on the thread regarding the mods done on my xcr-800. I included plenty of photos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts