Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:0]Hey guys we got the 355 cui in the old bemmer and made a pass at the local drag stip and went a 10.03 second pass on the first run!!!!!!!!!! We couldn't belive it and that was just testing out the car. We next hooked up some good slicks and pulled the front wheels I couldn't belive how well the car launched. Every one at the track sort of laughed when we showed up with a 1983 bmw to drag race. Well once we started the engine and they heard that 355 growl I think they sort of changed their mind. And really took a look when we went a 10 second pass. Well I can hardly wait to get on the street and show the kids with their honda's what a little cui can do; well we are running about 400 or more h.p. and we haven't even put the nitro to it. I'll keep you imformed on further adventures of Bills (Canadian guys) crazy little project, obtw we are getting the old 73' tx ready for the grass drags we put a 5500 spring in the clutch and man does it launch, well if Im not at the drag strip with a car I guess you"ll find me at the grass drags.[:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
wow, thats a fast time..is that in the 1/8th or 1/4 mile?? My bros car runs 8s in the 1/8th and his car weighs 4200lbs...

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
oh and I forgot to say post some pics of it launching, it would be cool to see...

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
opps, well 1/25 is the same thing but I meant to say 1/4th...[8D]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well guys that is a 1/4 mile pass which aint bad but if you check my personal file you will see our 73 vega that turns low 8s in a 1/4 mile so speed is sort of in my blood.oh and if you didn't see the pics before here is the one we have but new ones are on the way the hood is now painted and the tail fin is on/snofan/../images/users/canadianguy/bills bmw hood 2.jpg

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Nicely done! A very respectable E.T.
I love bimmers too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ripperd2
[br]400HP. 10 secs? is this car like 1000lbs or what? roll cage?
as a matter of fact I posted pics before showing the car but here you go/snofan/../images/users/canadianguy/bills bmw interior.jpg/snofan/../images/users/canadianguy/bills bmw trunk.jpg

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
oh, ok. I was gonna say. I thought all cars that approached 10 secs required roll cages at least by NHRA or IHRA rules.

Sounds possible, but you either have mad hook up, or you grossly underestimated your HP if you are turning a 10.

-Dean

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by bigwilly
[br]Is it still street legal or race only?
[:D]Oh definitly street this is my street toy, my 73 vega is my strip car it is a complete tube frame car, and runs low to mid 8s in a quarter mile. Wheeley bar and a chute on the vega. All we need now is a really big sponsor with some big bucks!!!!!! any takers??? lmao./snofan/../images/users/canadianguy/74vega9069-A.jpg

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by canadianguy
[br]All we need now is a really big sponsor with some big bucks!!!!!! any takers???
Well I saw a pretty big buck when I was driving four wheeler the other day... If you want it you can pick it up when you off the car...[;)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts