Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys seen this thing? The Transmission is a snowmobile type. They act like it is a amazing thing though in cars it is but it is obviouslly nothing new.
That is the Audi A4.

Edited by - Sled_Dog on March 09 2002 1:55:23 PM

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow it has a setup that has 5 set settings you can choose. AKA you shift the Snowmobile Transmission. Thats cool.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Yeah if you look into it it is much more than a snowmobile transmission. If you look honda did the same thing with their Civic HX too. CVT transmissions are quite cool, but are just tough to get used to.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Apparently, the new A4 CVT is also faster than the manual, and of course the regular automatic. The belt is also made of steel. It would be fun to try out.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

don;t actually care. Wouldn;t drive an Audi even if I could afford one.

[/quote]

Good choice....
close minded people will be closed minded I guess. All I know is I'll take a shiney new S4 please!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll take one if you want to give it to me. Would sell it but still. Sorry I just don't want a luxury whatever car. Give me a hot rod or a truck. Luxury is nice but just not me.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'd take an Audi any day, A4 or A6. Those things rock! Style, comfort, and performance, all in one nice little package.

Actually the perfect setup for myself and the little lady would be a Chevy HD extra cab and an A4. Who ever drove the longest to work would drive the A4. Would also use it for long trips. Plus you've got your truck when you need it. Some day.....some day.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
http://www.audiworld.com/news/99/multitronic/content.shtml

scroll to bottom for those who don't understand.

I would absolutely love an RS4, but i guess in America we'll have to settle for the S4, which is still fun to drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts