Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had a chance to demo a brand new pahzer px for the day because my dad knows the owner of our yamaha dealer well. well i was very skepticle, and let me tell you of any of you bash the pahzer your are very very wrong DONT BASH IT TILL YOU RIDE IT! I aboustly loved the sled. for were i live the sled is perfect. the only complaint i had was topend but it wasnt bad ethier for 80 hp it went great. keep up with a 500 xcsp no problem. the sled is one the best sleds i have jumped. it seems built tough too came up short and it handleded it great. the riding postion is amazing you wold think your on a rev. we rode in ditchs and trails, the sled handles awsome. my buddie races and has a mxzx 440 rev and i was on his ass the whole time. the only bad thing about the sled is that it could use about 20 more hp just for those once and a while days. but its about 99% postive and 1% negitive. if you guys would like pictures of the sled just let me know il walk out to my grauge and take them.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rode it for 170 miles, have the sled all weekend, its gonna be really cold tomrow so well see. its warmer then my prox.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
"really cold tomorrow"

City of Winnipeg: Issued 4.00 PM CST Saturday 16 December 2006
Tonight..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind southwest 30 km/h. Low minus 9.

Sunday..Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 10.

Sunday night..Cloudy periods. Clearing near midnight. Low minus 17.

Monday..Sunny. High minus 10.

Tuesday..Sunny. Low minus 14. High zero.

Wednesday..A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 7. High minus 2.

Normals for the period..Low minus 20. High minus 10.

-10 is hardly "really cold"...

One other thing is I was in and around Winnipeg yesterday. There's hardly enough snow anywhere around here for you to properly be testing that thing out.

My buddy got his new '07 Dragon this week. I took it for a rip down the ditch. Hardly able to judge it with these conditions.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]"really cold tomorrow"

City of Winnipeg: Issued 4.00 PM CST Saturday 16 December 2006
Tonight..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind southwest 30 km/h. Low minus 9.

Sunday..Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 10.

Sunday night..Cloudy periods. Clearing near midnight. Low minus 17.

Monday..Sunny. High minus 10.

Tuesday..Sunny. Low minus 14. High zero.

Wednesday..A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 7. High minus 2.

Normals for the period..Low minus 20. High minus 10.

-10 is hardly "really cold"...

One other thing is I was in and around Winnipeg yesterday. There's hardly enough snow anywhere around here for you to properly be testing that thing out.

My buddy got his new '07 Dragon this week. I took it for a rip down the ditch. Hardly able to judge it with these conditions.
well we got some snow lastnight and were i ride which isnt winnipeg cuz i dont live in winnipeg there is more then enough snow to ride.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
been riding my phazer mtn lite since last tuesday i've ridden in cold, harpack, and soem deep snow in the dicthces just haven't rode it in the mtns yet. the sled handles awesome its the best feeling sled i have rode for jumping. really lite i can throw it around. given it a few short wot runs done the first part of break in. the sled does not have enough jam for mtn riding, it will be good for a novice mtn rider who doesn't climb the steep deep. it will work great for boondocking but in overall mtn riding it comes up short. wicked ditchbanger sled it takes a beating

·
Registered
547 Posts
Its no high marker, but it will do just fine in the mtns
I turned 120miles today, engine is getting nicer and nicer
to work with. Sounds great, carves like a dream
(sometimes a nightmare, but thats user error, I'm still learning)
Playing in the trees has never been so fun, I can ride 1/4 throttle
nice and slow just poking around... its sweet.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]
well we got some snow lastnight and were i ride which isnt winnipeg cuz i dont live in winnipeg there is more then enough snow to ride.
Ok kid. You're messing with the wrong person here.

First of all it says you're from West St. Paul and judging by your ISP that's true. Therefore saying you don't ride near Winnipeg is complete and utter BS. The forecast I posted is for the city of Winnipeg and sorry to inform you but when you live spitting distance from the city, it's the same for you. Although this crap you're posting is typical of a 15 year old so I do forgive you for that. It's expected.

[attachment=52530]

Wow. A couple of miles north of Winnipeg. Sorry, snow doesn't vary that much.

Second of all there's no decent snow in Southern Manitoba (sorry, north end of Winnipeg is still southern Manitoba, regardless of what you will say after this) so if you're riding in "lots of snow" you are hauling this phazer god knows how far from home, which I also doubt unless you have a very nice dad or you have a drivers license and truck or trailer. Once again, I doubt.

Once again, CYI not knowing what they are talking about. Go figure.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
when it comes down to money, I still will never buy one, but I wish we even had snow here in the 50 degree plus northeast to try one

·
Registered
691 Posts
id like to see some pics of it i havent realy seen one

Nick

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
[br]
[br]

First of all it says you're from West St. Paul and judging by your ISP that's true. Therefore saying you don't ride near Winnipeg is complete and utter BS. The forecast I posted is for the city of Winnipeg and sorry to inform you but when you live spitting distance from the city, it's the same for you. Although this crap you're posting is typical of a 15 year old so I do forgive you for that. It's expected.

[attachment=52530]

Second of all there's no decent snow in Southern Manitoba (sorry, north end of Winnipeg is still southern Manitoba, regardless of what you will say after this) so if you're riding in "lots of snow" you are hauling this phazer god knows how far from home, which I also doubt unless you have a very nice dad or you have a drivers license and truck or trailer. Once again, I doubt.

LMAO! I called it first! hahaha... nice work Magnum P.I. [}:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
My mom just got a phazer for herself this year. I cant wait to get out and ride it. Looks like you can really throw it around. I know ill like my sled better just because i have more HP. But glad to see positvie feedback on the sled. Just need some damn snow.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ I am not bashing this phazer by any means as I have not driven it.

But since when has there ever been a new sled released that didn't get good reviews? I am guessing its a 8,000 dollar purchase, of course its going to be sweet. Any new machine is going to be sweet.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]I have seen alot of people saying they are getting cold on the sled.
Yeah, it can get cold at times. If you're moving around and keeping the blood flowing, you stay pretty warm. If you sit like a statue on it, it gets a little cold "south of the border", if ya catch my drift[;)].

I'm having fun with mine. The chassis is solid and the suspension soaks up the bumps like a dream. The engine pulls incredibly hard for it's size, and I haven't touched the clutches or the gears.

I'm definitely still getting used to the rider forward position. I've got almost 200 miles on mine, and it still feels a bit awkward. It's also very strange to not smell like 2-stroke. I get done riding and I smell.....the same. I kinda miss it, but I can fire up the Polaris still and get my Amsoil fix.

Originally posted by polaris144
[br]id like to see some pics of it i havent realy seen one
Here ya go.

[attachment=52601]
[attachment=52602]
[attachment=52603]

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]^ I am not bashing this phazer by any means as I have not driven it.

But since when has there ever been a new sled released that didn't get good reviews? I am guessing its a 8,000 dollar purchase, of course its going to be sweet. Any new machine is going to be sweet.
that is a very good point every sled will be nice but to see which is the best you have to ride all of the new ones and then compare them.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[br]
[br]

[attachment=52530]

You know what go stuff somehting up you but all you ever do is piss off other people. is it your sled? are you driving it? NO so mind your own busnies if you dont like it i dont care. if you think there isnt enough snow, i dont care. were i was riding there is more then enough. you dont know were i ride it isnt your sled and your not riding with use so really you ahve no say. so shut your yapper.

iam done with this, if anybody wants pics just let me know. we did some more racing today and let me tell you for 80 hp its a awsome sled goes straight up with a xc 500. well it lost by two sled lenghts. anyways the sled is awsome i would serously recomend the sled to any other kid my age who is riding and wants a fun sled or just to adults who want a fun sled.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Looks like plenty of snow in your pics.
I know where I live the conditions can be totally different just 10 miles away.
a week ago we got about 20cm(8") and in London, about 30 miles away there were reports of up to a metre(39")

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
nice pics, ur lucky you still got snow

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
after you posted the pics with all of the snow P-man hasnt said anything...

hmm ?

great pics.! your a lucky kid.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.