Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ealier this year when i could ride a little bit b4 xmas i notices an unusual noise and vibration, so i greased up the bearing ont he drive shaft good and it subsided, a few days ago i took off rear skid and front shocks to get shocks rebuilt and the dealer recomended that we just change that bearing now. so me and my dad tore it apart this evening.

The Culprit:Notice the chunk missing fromt he bearing...that could pose problems....The second pic is the piece of the bearing that came out of the locking collar

Sled sittin in my shop:

Parts that came out of sled:

Unfortunatly the shaft got worn just tiny tiny bit, we are just roughing up the shaft w/ a punch so it will hold the bearing, next time bearing needs removal, might need a hammer and punch instead of it just sliding off, but w/o roughing up shaft it would go out again right away and ruin shaft, this has been proven to work in many shafts that have been worn just a tiny amount in all farm operations

Some pics under the hood:

Maybe i should have changed the chain case oil this year.....that is bad....pretty ugly...

sorry for thsoe who may be readin this with dial up as lots of pics...i guess if it takes to long to load and u become impatient, oh well.....had to post it cuz it was a fun project.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Sled looks funny sittin on them blocks. I've never removed a driveshaft in my life. Projects like that are fun tho

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took an hour and a half to 2 hours to take apart, dealer said it would be 2 hours of labor, so me n my dad did pretty good for never have really done nething like that on a sled b4.......all them eyars of fixing equipment came in handy tho

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by 93coty
[br]Where did you find that clevis and pin in your sled? [:D]
lol...my snowmobile trailer just kinda turned into the work bench since my real work bench is full of other stuff.....the clevis and pin came off of the hitch on my 4wheeler...[:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol.....my black cat for my black sled, for w/ my black snow pants and black coats and mainly black coat, and mainly black glvoes, and black boots......[:D] the cat might as well came from my sled, it sure likes to sit on it!!stupid cats...

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
If it wasn't for your headlight and tailight, you'd be invisible at night:)

Prolly has a switch on his lights for sneak attacks.

-Dean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts