Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this sled. The are a bunch of video's on you tube about it just type in r rated snowmobile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fVYVWXl7s

·
Registered
29 Posts
Firecatrider10 said:
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this sled. The are a bunch of video's on you tube about it just type in r rated snowmobile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fVYVWXl7s
I dont know if the has 750 horse thats alittle too unreal but you never know

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks like a big waste of money to me. Honestly, what are you gonna do with it? Just MY opinion, hope nobody gets butt hurt about it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
search for 750 hp sled on the forum, it's nbeen here several times already.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Forumla3 said:
Firecatrider10 said:
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this sled. The are a bunch of video's on you tube about it just type in r rated snowmobile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fVYVWXl7s
It runs on nitro methane, the same fuel funny cars and dragsters run. it's making 750 HP, the only problem is it doesnt make it for too long before it goes BOOM!

·
Registered
29 Posts
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
Firecatrider10 said:
It runs on nitro methane, the same fuel funny cars and dragsters run. it's making 750 HP, the only problem is it doesnt make it for too long before it goes BOOM!
I dont beleve it...and it has two cylinders.Even if it does run on nitro meth.....My dads 66 gto has 778 horse and it has ram air 4 V8, supercharger and is a built motor......

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Forumla3 said:
I dont beleve it...and it has two cylinders.Even if it does run on nitro meth.....My dads 66 gto has 778 horse and it has ram air 4 V8, supercharger and is a built motor......
There's always a disbeliever in every crowd...

And from what I recall, the motor is actually a 1325 4cyl supercharged kawasaki running on Nitro-Meth and is tunable up to 1000hp.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Quinlan said:
Forumla3 said:

And from what I recall, the motor is actually a 1325 4cyl supercharged kawasaki running on Nitro-Meth and is tunable up to 1000hp.
you are correct. its tuned down from 1000hp

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
Quinlan said:
Forumla3 said:

you are correct. its tuned down from 1000hp
Yup and it cost about 100,000 to build I think. I have a video of it on my phone running down a lake. I haven't heard about the sled for a while now.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Forumla3 said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
Firecatrider10 said:
it's obvious you have no clue the reason they run nitro methane in the NHRA and make 8000 HP out of 500 cubic inch motors!!!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
Firecatrider10 said:
it's obvious you have no clue the reason they run nitro methane in the NHRA and make 8000 HP out of 500 cubic inch motors!!!
X2. And it may a Kawi motor, but I thought it was a harley motor. They said this sled was capable of well over 100 mph at under half throttle, up hill, in loose snow. It's definitely not a machine you're going to go out and carve with. You get 2 straight line runs and then boom.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yep it went BOOM!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFgJ9iEkJ84

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
This thing is old news but is ligit.
Got wrecked in british columbia one year at the hillclimbs. Its all over the internet, if you want info you can find it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
It's not a harley motor...

It has a 1325 cc 4cyl kawasaki engine

·
Registered
29 Posts
sledcrusher said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
Firecatrider10 said:
X2. And it may a Kawi motor, but I thought it was a harley motor. They said this sled was capable of well over 100 mph at under half throttle, up hill, in loose snow. It's definitely not a machine you're going to go out and carve with. You get 2 straight line runs and then boom.
ohk buddy the blowers make over 40 pounds of boost and the reason they run nitro meth bc it has a compression ratio of about 6.5 to 1 and burns faster than high octane gas...and the motor is only 1/2 the equation the hard part is getting the power to the pavement with out blowing sideways

Quinlan said:
Forumla3 said:

I have a question how do you keep the front end on the ground with 750 hp? My dads 3,000 pound car lifts the wheels with 778 hp?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Forumla3 said:
sledcrusher said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
Firecatrider10 said:
ohk buddy the blowers make over 40 pounds of boost and the reason they run nitro meth bc it has a compression ratio of about 6.5 to 1 and burns faster than high octane gas...and the motor is only 1/2 the equation the hard part is getting the power to the pavement with out blowing sideways

Quinlan said:
Forumla3 said:

I have a question how do you keep the front end on the ground with 750 hp? My dads 3,000 pound car lifts the wheels with 778 hp?
Don't give it full power lol

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Forumla3 said:
The same way they do with any pure racing vehicle. Proper suspension setup and weight distribution.

Actually, if you listen at the end of the video posted here, the rider talks about the front end lifting, and him wondering if it was going over backwards.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Forumla3 said:
The same way they do with any pure racing vehicle. Proper suspension setup and weight distribution.

Actually, if you listen at the end of the video posted here, the rider talks about the front end lifting, and him wondering if it was going over backwards.
I didn't waste my time watching it.....

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Forumla3 said:
sledcrusher said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
ultrastud said:
Forumla3 said:
Firecatrider10 said:
Actually, they run nitro meth becuase part of the oxygen that the fuel needs in order to burn is contained in the fuel itself. (chemical formula is CH3NO2) Typical A/F ratio for nitromethane is 1.7:1. Basically this means you can fit a LOT more fuel into the cylinder than you can with regular gasoline, and still achieve a good burn. An engine running nitromethane can make over twice as much power as the same size engine running gasoline. Thats why they run nitromethane.

Of course the track is going to spin like crazy, good setup only goes so far. But with proper setup it will spin less. An old single cylinder sled will spin a little and a big cc high performance sled will spin the track a lot. So naturally 750 hp sled will spinthe track more than all of em, and faster than a raped ape doin it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts