Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunk my sled. Friend told me this spot was 2-3 feet deep, and that one of his friends took his jeep through it. Well, the kid with the jeep came down after I went under and told me that he tried to cross. Keep in mind his jeep was a wrangler with a 14" suspension lift and a 318. He said he rolled it and they had to get several trucks and people to get it out.

And for those who want to know, if you think you might sink, and your not going to have time to kill it, dont put an airbox on ( the water choked the engine just as it came into the carbs and shut it down, so it didnt hydro-lock ). The sled went 90+ degrees vertical and fell back on me and my friend ( yeah, riding double, not even halfway to the bar ). Helmets are also hard to tread water with. The sled ended up landing on a log where it sat, which turned out to be the most shallow part of the whole area. When my friend was winching it out with his can-am, it disappeared for a few moments and showed back up.

Start with a picture until I can get a video up.
2010520193330524_27886.jpg
2010520193331477_27886.jpg
2010520193332532_27886.jpg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already started her again and took her for a few rips up and down the trail

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
that sucks man. although when you skip alot, its only a matter of time till you sink one.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never thought I'd have TO MUCH traction. My friend jumped off and I stuck with it until it pushed my under. Amazingly it landed bars up.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have a 1.3 on my sled and it does fine used to have a 1.5 it did ok but not to forget I had a 99 polaris xc 700 pushing that track. I now have my 98 xc with 220 cylinders pushing a 1.3 track. At least u were able to see your sled when u sunk it. The first time I sunk mine the only think I was able to see was the flotation device that I but on a rope that was attached to the sled. Luckily I had a International 986 pull mine out it pulled it out easy LOL.I have never water-x'ed a 600 but with my 700 has enough power for water. my advice for u is if u ever go deeper in a body of water put a marker on the back. and take the seat off because it makes it easier to turn cause u can just swing ur leg easier. tough luck though

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, my 600 is putting out a lot of power though. RKtek 93 octane head, and completely ported and polished by PCM racing. A few other things as well like an extremely aggressive clutch setup ( engagement around 5300 rpms )

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Yea, this just made my day..

Thanks for posting Sean.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
So you gassed it and went over backwards? Is that what i am understanding?

I really hope you tell whoever buys/trades for your sled the real story behind it, but i doubt you will. I can see it now, "Like new, fresh washed, never raced".

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
srx_600 said:

I really hope you tell whoever buys/trades for your sled the real story behind it, but i doubt you will. I can see it now, "Like new, fresh washed, never raced".
350lbs on the back of it at 6 grand and it started going down. I opened it more and more. It ended up holding right on the bumper until I fell over backwards.

·
Registered
567 Posts
srx_600 said:

thats for sure man i run a 2 in paddle 159 when i skip and ya it comes up vert to but never over backwards its to long i sunk mine in ice cold water how warm was your water. fun till they sink then pull em out and run em some more

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
lol how did you not ruin anything [eek7]

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
srx_600 said:
For what reason were you riding double?

The title should be, The reason Water-X racers dont ride double
Well, I didnt make the trail on the other side the second time I crossed and my friend had to come across and help my pull the sled out of the trees and he didnt want to walk the 1/4 mile back around. I told him he should walk, but he kept insisting till I gave in.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
*Note to self - don't buy or trade with Sean for a Skidoo this year [LOL]

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But, if you waterskip, its not a matter of if its going to happen. Its when.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts