Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been working on my sled for about 2 weeks now getting ready for WY in December!! Some of you probably remember me buying this sled around the middle of August but for those of you that don't thats when I got it!! I sold my Pro-x because it had a ton of miles and I wanted something more mountain friendly but was not ready to take the plunge on building an IQ without having another sled to ride.

It is a 2005 700 RMK that has around 1800 miles on it. I bought this bad boy bone stock and going from my Pro X to a bone stock sled was just not gonna work so I decided on a little work!!

Here she is when I bought her!!
[attachment=38801] [attachment=36859]
[attachment=36860]

And this would be my progress as of last night!!
I have gotten the steering post out and welded the T on to it, and its now back in. Got my motor back in and have my SLP torque arm and push arm installed. Heat taped the heck out of the under hood area and got my air box cut out and the mod sealed in it.

I also now have my steering support in made for me by Team Sno Quest, thanks to J-Dog. I did end up modifying what he made for me because of the fact I changed the post top but talk about great people to deal with willing to do anything and everything for another rider anyone has not bought there movie should, but anyways.

I then placed my riser and handlebars on to size up the brake lines and throttle cable plus the wiring. I got my bars from SLP and the welded the tabs on it so the stock Polaris mountain bar could be used the bars will also need to have a tube insert welded in the so that the in line FLY hooks I got from RSI will fit in the bar, but that should not take to long. On Friday my big wheel kit from Holz but I have yet to install that!

Last night I got my Y Pipe, Single Pipe, and Can installed and all springed up. I am just waiting on jets and a spring from our dealer and she will be ready to get fired back up. All thats left to install is my Hood Hold downs in the front, SLP Powder Pro's, SLP Flowrites, Dash Panel, Handle Bar Controls....Who am I kidding I still Have a lot of work to do before December!!!!

Here are some pics for you guys sorry about them being blurry something is wrong with the camera or maybe it was just the beer...LOL!!!!

[attachment=48441] [attachment=48442]
[attachment=48443] [attachment=48444]
[attachment=48445] [attachment=48446]
[attachment=48447]

Stay Tuned more Pics and Fun to come!!!

Got a little farther over the weekend and tonight will have more to come. I got almost everything done now waiting for my skis, belly pan, and reeds to arrive!! I will have the hood hold downs on and the windshield cut down by the end of the night!!Got my controls all taken care of and in place, also got the scratchers installed and all the wheels removed. Lastly got the track ported and air box installed.

Here are some pics let me know what you think??

[attachment=51388] [attachment=51389]
[attachment=51390] [attachment=51391]
[attachment=51392] [attachment=51393]
[attachment=51394] [attachment=51395]
[attachment=51396] [attachment=51397]
[attachment=51398]

Here are some action pics for you guys from WY last week!!! I know I still need a few cometic treatments to attend to but the performance is pretty much complete for the year at least!!

[attachment=54483] [attachment=54484]
[attachment=53678] [attachment=53680]

I will try to get some more up as I make them!!
DW

Attachments

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
looks great. cant wait to see that thing out here.

you know where Fiberglass hill is? If not ill show you and you can see how good that beast can climb. [:D]

UPS man came today for me, now I get to spend some time putting some goods on my sled this weekend.

[attachment=51399]

[attachment=51400]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know fiberglass, that is a great climb!!! You do the front side of it right off the trail right, we played on that thing for a while in april but the snow was pretty set up!! Hows widowmaker looking you do that one??? Did it last year heard in the early season you gotta drive right by it because it is out of the question??

Here is widowmaker last year
[attachment=35718]

This was on the back side of fiberglass it was a real nice cornice
[attachment=35715]

DW

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
very nice sled, what sixe riser. i can't wait to see what you do next!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
fiberglass hill is on trail H Highway, about 10 miles from bear. its the first bald hill you get to. on the right side. the pic of widowmaker looks like fiberglass. never herd of widowmaker hill. also I think the back side of fiberglass is usually windblown and no cornices. facing the west. I could be wrong though. cause on the other side fiberglass there is a draw that leads up and over the hill going north and you drop down into hells playgroud on upper trail H.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Looks pretty good Dan!

·
Registered
982 Posts
The sled looks awsome. I like the looks of the rear skid without wheels. It has a cleaner, less cluttered look. The handlebar setup looks really good to. Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
963 Posts
i love those bars with the riser. i still have the stock ones and i don't like the looks. i need a little help with the parts and the process. looks great.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Originally posted by Arcticsmack
[br]This may be a stupid question... but i have been seeing more and more people tilt there RPM gauge like u did.. Why is that?
They turn it, so they can see sled when its in the higher RPMs without looking as far down. or at least me thinks.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thant is a good looking RMK, nice work

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
holy **** u did a lot to that sled. must be proud to finally be done. nice looking sled

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
What size holes did you port thr track with. I am very interested in seeing how the staggerd holes work. The way it is drilled isn't there less thread running the entire length?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Wow! That looks awesome, I really like your handlebar-setup. Nice Job

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have mine turned and marked so my calibrated tach needle is straight up when I am running peak hp rpm. It makes it alot easier tuning, and when riding to make sure your clutching is set up right.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Originally posted by Pance
[br]
Originally posted by Arcticsmack
[br]This may be a stupid question... but i have been seeing more and more people tilt there RPM gauge like u did.. Why is that?
They turn it, so they can see sled when its in the higher RPMs without looking as far down. or at least me thinks.
yeah if its tilted and at 7-8 thousand RPM's the number of rpm will be right at the top instead of way down.

·
Registered
364 Posts
looks good keep the pics coming

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
After I get some money I want to make my powder special into a mtn mod. That sled looks like wicked fun though! Did you do anything to the engine? I think you should gear that baby down and put some twin pipes on er!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts