Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is the story. As most of you know I have been looking for a new car for a while now. About a month ago I decided to try to deal on a black 02 honda S2K. They offered me 13k for my eclipse.....forget that!!! Anyhow so I left and about a week later the guy called and said he could give me 15k for it. Better but still not enough. So then last week I decided to go to a toyota dealer and deal on a 02 MR2 spyder, and right away they said they would give me $16,200 for my car....sweet, now that's more like it! So the next day I went back to the honda dealer to see if they would match it. The guy goes and gets his sales manager and he is like, the most I can give you is 13,500 for your car... I'm like WTF happened to 15k? He is like well that was last week. Talk about pissed! Anyhow the next day I was going to go buy the MR2 and the Honda dealer calls me again and says he talked with the owner and they can match the deal after all! YEAH!! Anyhow so that night I go and sign papers on the Black S2K. The next day they call me and are like, we have a little problem, the car you signed papers on was in the process of being traded to a different dealer for a silver one and they can't stop it now. Talk about pissed again!!! GRRRR Anyhow so last friday we go and drive the silver one and fall in love with it. I pick it up tonight!!! Here are some quick pics I snapped at the dealer!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
very very nice car intended. is a rear spoiler optional? kinda think they look better with them, but in the other hand, i'm a freak for a car without add-ons. looks great either way. get those wheels chromed and you'ld be all set!

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Great ride indended! I'm sure it'll be alot more fun than the eclipse. Did you get that at Honda House in St. Cloud?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MegaMan:
Great ride indended! I'm sure it'll be alot more fun than the eclipse. Did you get that at Honda House in St. Cloud?

[/quote]

No that is the dealer my dealer got it from....I bought it from Krenzen's in duluth

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xc racer:
is a rear spoiler optional?
[/quote]
Yes, but what you can't see really well in the picture is that the rear third brake light kinda comes up into a little spoiler type thing....I don't want to drill any holes to put a bigger one on.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
get those wheels chromed and you'ld be all set!
[/quote]

No no no, chrome is waaaayyy to heavy. I am going to get a set of 18" SSR forged wheels for it and use the stockers for winter. Also going to get a comptech intake and some brand of exhaust right away and get my stereo in there.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
SSR? Super Swamper Radials? Didn't know they came that small. Seriouslly though nice car man. Good choice hope you like it a lot better than the Eclipse.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
what's it got in it? RWD or FWD....woulda kinda suck if it was RWD..for snow u know? looks pretty nice, i dont esepecally like convertibles tho...

There's always next year....

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah I don't like convertibles. Whenever I see most convertibles wiht the top up they look like utter crap. That looks pretty good though.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
http://www.hondacars.com/models/s2000/features.html RWD 270HP out of a 121cui engine. like how the key and start button are in the middle console. Looked at the 360 degree interior view on Honda's site that thing kicks ass. Will have to go check one out soemtime.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
U and your high performance cars. Making me want one. That is a bad thing.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Ahh, nice car. You guys on this forum sure have money to burn. lol
Anyways, Polaris-Man, what you talking about you wanting a car like that. I'd take your ole explorer over that any day.
hehe

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yeah i do like the spoilerless look myself too. 18's would really look great on that ride. haha, chrome may be heavy but are you really gonna notice it that much on a daily driver? or even a weekend racer? chrome is worth it to me. if nothing else polish em- techically that would be lighter since you're knocking off atoms in the polishing process ;)

hmmmmm.........i question the winter driving situation. a wise man once told me driving a sports car in the winter is just plain wrong.......who could that be? :) mine really isn't even a sports car either, not like THAT one anyway.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Keep my explorer for exploring, and use the high performance car to show off and impress girls.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
38 Posts
intendedacceleration I like your S2000 good color choice. I see you want the comptech intake that is what I put on my SI. So far I like it a lot and have not had any problems with it. Have you looked at their exhaust system? I eventually plan to use it. From what I have read it is supposed to be a good setup.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
http://www.hondacars.com/models/s2000/features.html RWD 270HP out of a 121cui engine. like how the key and start button are in the middle console. Looked at the 360 degree interior view on Honda's site that thing kicks ass. Will have to go check one out soemtime.

[/quote]

240 hp not 270..... at first the concepts had 270 but it threw off the balence of the car so they detuned the motor to 240. Also the key is on the dash like any car and the start button is to the left of the steering wheel....I think you are seeing the hazard button.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xc racer:
haha, chrome may be heavy but are you really gonna notice it that much on a daily driver? or even a weekend racer?
[/quote]
Yes, on this car with the small amount of torque availible to it you do notice it big time. On a camaro or mustage you wouldn't notice it as much.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

hmmmmm.........i question the winter driving situation. a wise man once told me driving a sports car in the winter is just plain wrong.......who could that be? :) mine really isn't even a sports car either, not like THAT one anyway.

[/quote]

I still think that it is wrong to drive a sports car in the winter, but with blizzaks on this car is actually quite good in the snow do to the mid engine design. When you spend this much on a car it's hard to afford a snow beater.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by flyinfry:
intendedacceleration I like your S2000 good color choice.
[/quote]

Thanks!

I see you want the comptech intake that is what I put on my SI. So far I like it a lot and have not had any problems with it. Have you looked at their exhaust system? I eventually plan to use it. From what I have read it is supposed to be a good setup.

[/quote]

Yes I looked at their exhaust and may consider it, but I believe I am going to go with a single exhaust rather than dual to save weight.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
well, i've never heard of anybody complaining of heavy chrome wheels on a daily driver, but that's your thing. if i were gonna get different aftermarket wheels for my stang, i'd look at steeda ultralites- 18x9(?) at 22 lbs a pop. not too bad, sure would reduce the rotating weight. i'm rather surprised you're so into the whole weight-loss thing, since a convertible isn't exactly the lightest platform to begin with. just my .02, but i wouldn't take dual exhaust off a car for anything, especially one that comes factory with it- leave dual tailpipes at least. cars with single exhaust look so....so.....lopsided. and dumb in my opinion- like the camaro ss's that had it a few years back. don't even get me goin on bumblebee and coffee can exhausts....;)

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just my .02, but i wouldn't take dual exhaust off a car for anything, especially one that comes factory with it- leave dual tailpipes at least. cars with single exhaust look so....so.....lopsided. and dumb in my opinion- like the camaro ss's that had it a few years back. don't even get me goin on bumblebee and coffee can exhausts....;)
[/quote]

I has been dyno proven on the S2K's that the single exhaust makes more power over the dual aftermarkets.....and saves about 40 pounds off the factory exhaust. Oh and as for the pissed off bumble bee sound, what do you think a car with a 9K RPM redline would sound like? S2K's with aftermarket exhausts sound very much like a tuned sportbike.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I like the sound somewhat I just hate it on Hondas and non-powerful cars. I mean a crotch rocket makes a certain sound when it hits 9000 rpms and is doing like 150MPH a Honda makes that smae sound at like 30MPH. It just not right. I mean like a civic or CRX honda. Not that car. I swore I read 270HP. I must have mistaken the hazard button then. They said the ignition button was Fireengine red and that button on the middle console seems to be fireengine red.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts