Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pics of the project of lifting my friends 86 K10 Scottsdale. Its A 4 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift, not the cheesy blocks, but all four leaf springs, with HEKETHORN Hydra 8000 shocks. It took alot of time and effort.

Heres a pic of the truck prior to the lift.

Notice in the next pic that the rear springs were shot and basically useless, the made the truck sag around!

Heres a pic from removing the front springs

Heres a pic of the original spring on top of the rough country spring, it doesn't seem like it, but its a big difference!

And heres the finished product, we were very surprised that 4 inches would make it look this good.

And if you wanted to know, it has the original 305 V8 with k & n filter charger. The tires are 31 inch Mud Kings. Also not seen in pic is custom dual exhaust angled out before the rear wheels with high flow cats and royal scott glasspacks on 2.5 inch pipe.

Remember: Don't Hesitate.... Accelerate

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah all you need is 33s or 35s is right. but with 35s you need Bushwacker cutout fender flares to fit 35s. I will probably put a 4" or 6" on my truck. Gonna go block for price :( springs later.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
what rears does that have? Probably 10 bolt and dana 44 liike my 85 Blazer. With 35s you are like towards the edge of really tough. I don't run the setup but I plan on it sometime in the future. I would prefer to put stronger axels under it but with 35s the ones I have and that Scott have should hold up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lift really didn't effect the u joints, but they needed to be replaced any way. The next tires for it are going to be 33x12.5 Mudkings, not sure what kind of wheel though. The truck has a Dana 10-bolt rear. Before tires an rims though it is getting a new glossy midnight blue paint job.

Remember: Don't Hesitate.... Accelerate

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
10 bolt is refered to as a GM Corporate 10 bolt and has a 8.5" ring gear. Just to let you know. It probably has a Dana 44 front axel which would be the same combo as my 85 Blazer has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts