Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the other topic was turning into a get-the-sled topic, when all I was wondering was what size track. The other one can be locked if needed.

So, I had a jet-ski for sale. I would have taken $1800 this time of year ( wouldnt take any less than $3500 spring or summer ). I had my explorer for sale too, and sold that for some extra cash towards this sled.

I called Als Snowmobile after I sold my explorer because they had a 2005 Ski-Doo MXZ Renegade 600 SDI with roughly 9000 miles and a recently rebuilt engine ( will probably go through it just for peace of mind before I put the whole machine back together ). I figured they would maybe take the ski and $800 or something for the sled. Well, Scott over there says "I actually already started stripping that sled, but I'd do a flat swap if you have a trailer as well". Talked for a little while and found out the things they took etc... Turns out I already had most of the parts it needed. I also ended up buying some more parts while I was there ( things like a $30 side panel in perfect shape ). Sled also has V-force reeds on it

Made the trip to Vermont today and ended up hitting blizzard conditions while I was towing the Jet-Ski through the white mountains, was not a fun time.

Here's the sled as it sits now:
20101120204822251_27886.jpg
Hoods just sitting on there to keep it out of the way.
20101120204936548_27886.jpg
The hood that came with it, and a free hood and console I got. Have to strip them and repaint.
2010112020504679_27886.jpg
Hm. They told me the track was shot. Theres 2 lugs missing and where they started fraying they covered them in fiberglass apoxy or something like that. It's a 136x16x1.5" track
201011202052795_27886.jpg
20101120205329313_27886.jpg
Couple engine and frame shots
2010112020554954_27886.jpg
Bought this track before I got the sled. Paid $90 for it. Good condition 136x16x1.25" track
20101120205636282_27886.jpg
Under hood shot.

As of right now my plans are ( of course some stuff will change as I go, but I'm looking to build a nice sled ):
Rail bracing
440 pyrmadial frame
Bulkhead bracing
Dynoport Pipe ( keeping stock can )
Want to go with an all white/red theme. Including different colored wheels, rails, panels, skis, etc...
3" riser with 2" RSI backcountry bars
Stiffer shock valving
440 seat and tail light
C&A skis

Well, anyways, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Some people just have too much time on their hands!!!
So, when are you going to trade this one off?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hangman said:
Some people just have too much time on their hands!!!
So, when are you going to trade this one off?
Didnt get rid of last years sled till the year was long over.

They started taking it apart because it was the only SDI in stock. Nothing was wrong with it, they just know where they can make money.

And I dont get that "too much time on their hands". Theres people on here that have done full conversions of crazy stuff where theres not a single stock part left on their machine. I'm not sure a days worth of work is enough to justify having too much free time.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
looks like the normal pile

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
sounds like about 1,500.00 or more in extras your adding at least. It is really a great machine as is, minus what's missing on it.

I have got to admit the C&A skis are a good compliment to that sled. Have the Outlaws on mine. For your weight, I would say the shocks are more than enough.
Anyhow, I'm just saying... for once why don't you just enjoy a machine for what it is and get a bunch trail riding in with your family and friends. Get the basic things it needs to perform as it was ment to. Your going to do what you want, but at least I dropped the suggestion again.

Just thought I would throw that out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought $180 in parts for it, and as of right now, the only thing I can think of that I need is tachometer and speedo, and a new fuel line. I think other than that I have everything else. I'm liking this sled right now, but I wont now how much I like it till I log some miles on the snow. My original plan for this season was to race on the ECS circuit. Will see as it goes along though.

Rail bracing ( going to make myself and have a shop weld them up )[/color=red]
440 pyrmadial frame ( Friend gave me one of these for free )[/color=red]
Bulkhead bracing ( Same as the rail bracing. I'll sketch them out and take a plasma cutter to a sheet of aluminum )[/color=red]
Dynoport Pipe ( keeping stock can ) ( May have found one for cheap )[/color=red]
Want to go with an all white/red theme. Including different colored wheels, rails, panels, skis, etc... ( Powder coating for the metal, paint for the plastic, and aftermarket for the skis and wheels )[/color=red]
3" riser with 2" RSI backcountry bars ( Hopefully someone with a riser wants to trade just their riser for my bars+windshield+mounts )[/color=red]
Stiffer shock valving ( Should be right up around $250 for all of them after shipping. )[/color=red]
440 seat and tail light (Hoping someone will take partial trade for an 03 seat, and 05 trunk and tail light assembly )[/color=red]
C&A skis ( Have one already )[/color=red]

·
Registered
377 Posts
You said you sold your explorer what happened to the durango????

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
sledcrusher said:
I bought $180 in parts for it, and as of right now, the only thing I can think of that I need is tachometer and speedo, and a new fuel line. I think other than that I have everything else. I'm liking this sled right now, but I wont now how much I like it till I log some miles on the snow. My original plan for this season was to race on the ECS circuit. Will see as it goes along though.

Bulkhead bracing ( Same as the rail bracing. I'll sketch them out and take a plasma cutter to a sheet of aluminum )[/color=red]
Dynoport Pipe ( keeping stock can ) ( May have found one for cheap )[/color=red]
Want to go with an all white/red theme. Including different colored wheels, rails, panels, skis, etc... ( Powder coating for the metal, paint for the plastic, and aftermarket for the skis and wheels )[/color=red]
3" riser with 2" RSI backcountry bars ( Hopefully someone with a riser wants to trade just their riser for my bars+windshield+mounts )[/color=red]
[highlight=yellow]Stiffer shock valving ( Should be right up around $250 [/highlight=yellow]for all of them after shipping. )[/color=red]
440 seat and tail light (Hoping someone will take partial trade for an 03 seat, and 05 trunk and tail light assembly )[/color=red]

How does that work on the shock revalving?... Will they perform much the way the X-Package shocks will perform after that service?
I may be interested if that is the case!... Please explain?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SXMTX said:
You said you sold your explorer what happened to the durango????
Still driving it. Preparing for its cross to 200k miles.

TRICKPaint said:
sledcrusher said:

[highlight=yellow]Stiffer shock valving ( Should be right up around $250 [/highlight=yellow]for all of them after shipping. )[/color=red]

How does that work on the shock revalving?... Will they perform much the way the X-Package shocks will perform after that service?
I may be interested if that is the case!... Please explain?
Thanks.

Thicker shock fluid and higher shock pressure I believe. And with shock valving, if I wanted, I could get them even stiffer than a set of factory valved 440 shocks ( which would be wayyyyy to stiff ).

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Why do you need stiffer shocks? You are about 100 pounds soaking wet...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Fuse600 said:
looks like the normal pile
Just stop talking, its getting old. You never contribute to anything, you just make stupid comments so you can get your super extreme post count up......

·
Registered
528 Posts
hold up. a 2005 snowmobile with 9,000 fucking miles on it? that thing is going to beaten to shit they probably took it apart cause the fucker wouldnt even run

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ACG said:
Why do you need stiffer shocks? You are about 100 pounds soaking wet...
Maybe because that's what I like.

Dragon700 said:
Will be cool to see the Red/White.
Hopefully. I havent seen one all red/white yet.

Xx08BRAAAPPP22xX said:
So is it in running condition?
Once the wiring and fuel lines are all on, yes.

Jmax said:
hold up. a 2005 snowmobile with 9,000 fucking miles on it? that thing is going to beaten to shit they probably took it apart cause the fucker wouldnt even run
I'm not seeing the problem with 1500 miles a season on one snowmobile that had one owner. It's a 6 year old machine. The original hood doesnt even have any noticable scratches in it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Jmax said:
I'm not seeing the problem with 1500 miles a season on one snowmobile that had one owner. It's a 6 year old machine. The original hood doesnt even have any noticable scratches in it.
I agree is sean, 1500 miles a season really is not that much. And 2005 is not that new. What makes you think it was beaten to shit? Yes, 9000 miles is up there. But at 1500 miles a year is not really that much.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts