Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our trip to Two Harbors last year my girlfriend and I saw an old moving van that had been converted to the ultimate enclosed snowmobile trailer, it had been painted white and had the chrome wheels and the big ol Arctic Cat sticker on the side, the front deck (front 11 feet of the trailer) had been converted into a nice living space, they had an old fuel barrel mounted inside (250+ gallons) and they had a couple tool boxes mounted up on the wall, the back doors swing open as do the side "barn doors" made for a pretty slick drive-on drive-off set up, they pulled the trailer with an old single axle cab over truck that had been painted to match the trailer, overall I thought it was the ultimate enclosed trailer..I found this one while cruising the net this morning out in Bellville Michigan, price tag $3000!!! Would make quit the project don't ya think??

[attachment=51936]
[attachment=51937]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
That is a pretty good idea!

Look around a little bit more and I bet you would be able to find a moving trailer like that much closer to home. I would think there would be something in Fargo, St. Cloud, Sioux Falls, or the Twin Cities.

Could have a generator, a fresh water tank, and a gery water tank installed in the storage bays under the trailer. Get the rough wiring done and then take it to an insulation company and have them spray foam the inside to make it nice and warm.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Brain your right, those ol moving trailers are a dime a dozen, I just did a search on www.truckpaper.com and found the cheapest one..[:D] But for 4-5 grand you can get some that are in really nice shape.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i was thinkin bout someting like that but when your 18 and and living on your own you cant really afford stuff like that and plus i would need a semi to pull that sucker so that idea is outa the picture right now

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
you should be able to get them next to nothing if not free. Me dad uses those trailes at the shop for storage. And I bought one last year for $300 to store my sleds in over the summer.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
y aat my buddys sled dealship they have a trailer like that for storage and a bunch of sea cans also for storage

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
that would be sweet. but needign a semi to pull it would kinda suck. what happens if your out tryign to find the perfect untouched powder and your semi wiht 8+ sleds goes in the ditch what do you do?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]that would be sweet. but needign a semi to pull it would kinda suck. what happens if your out tryign to find the perfect untouched powder and your semi wiht 8+ sleds goes in the ditch what do you do?

Start ridin in the ditch[:D]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tell ya what works better...A friend of mine bought a used bread/bakery delivery fifth wheel trailer a couple of years ago at auction for like, 800 bucks, and converted that into a sled trailer. It already had a ramp style door on the back, he put a pull down door on the drivers front side for unloading, put up shelves, and has all the room up and above the truck bed in the nose of the trailer for whatever...He then painted it to match his truck...Whats really nice about it is that its center of gravity is low to the ground, which makes it very stabil when being pulled..

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by polarissledneck28
[br]only the true fanatics would roll that :)
How about a true fanatic crossed with a retired "kamakaze" truck driver?? LOL [:D]

[attachment=51999]

Now this is how I'd roll with that trailer!! (The sad part is I'm only about $103,000 short) [:p]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
You could always pick up a used 48 foot reefer that got heavy over the years. (I guess they get heavier as they get older).
A reefer will also heat the inside of the box. You could put water tanks inside the box, as well as your other stuff.
Parking an 18 wheeler somewhere to unload the sleds would be the trickiest part.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your right Indy the old reefers were real tanks!! The nice thing about those moving vans is the back deck is so low to the ground where as the reefers are a mile high..I guess you could have the best of both worlds and get one of those electronics vans (a moving van with a reefer unit) [:D] As far as the parking goes, it would be tricky but you'd be amazed at some of the spots you can get into (I know that one from experience) [:D]

The "deluxe" model...

[attachment=52098]

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]
Originally posted by polarissledneck28
[br]only the true fanatics would roll that :)
How about a true fanatic crossed with a retired "kamakaze" truck driver?? LOL [:D]

[attachment=51999]

Now this is how I'd roll with that trailer!! (The sad part is I'm only about $103,000 short) [:p]
this truck is nice, attention to detail is excellent but i'm not overly fond of cabovers.

they were making a big deal out of it at louisville this year though.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey if you get a refrigerated trailer and chill it down to around 30 or so, crush some ice on the floor. Get a sled with reverse and ride back and forth in your Sno-trailer. Then my friend you are a true fanatic. LOL

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Here is the ultimate sled hauler. A buddy of mine friend owns it. This was it,s virgin tryout 2 years ago up in Issabella.
Full bathroom and kitchen in it. Sleeps up to 10 people. Two tiers in the trailer so you could haul up to 16 sleds in it.

[attachment=52191]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts